File corruption - URGENT

Aspose.pdf corrupts a file so it can no longer open it.

var d = new Document(@“c:\temp\source.pdf”);
d.Save(@“c:\temp\target.pdf”);

I cannot upload the file because “I am a new user”. I have been a user for many months. Can you please help me upload the file so you can reproduce and resolved the bug as soon as possible?

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for contacting support.

We are working over fixing the upload features in the new forums and we hope it will be available soon. Until then you can upload your document to some public file hosting (e.g dropbox) and share the link in your post, so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Here is the link to the source file: Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

In a previous version (April 2017) it totally corrupts it as described. In the newest version of Aspose.pdf you can open the file but the content is mangled/corrupted. Make sure you open the “source.pdf” and"target.pdf" in Adobe to see how it looks before and after.

Were you able to reproduce it?

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for sharing the sample input document.

I have tested the scenario with latest version Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.6 and was able to observe that API generated an output with blank page. Hence I have logged an issue as PDFNET-42936 in our issue tracking system, for the purpose of detailed investigation. We will further look into the details of the issue and keep you informed with the status of its correction.

Furthermore, I would also like to share that file upload issue has been fixed and from now on, you can attach your sample file(s) with your post.

Please be patient and spare us little time for above logged issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Any update?

Aspose corrupts the file.

@tjenkins

Thanks for your inquiry.

As we have recently notified product team about the issue, so it is pending for review. We are sure that relevant team will soon plan to investigate the issue, as per their development schedule. As soon as we have updates in this regard, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Any update? We have stopped using Aspose.PDF because of this show stopper.

@tjenkins

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have checked the status of earlier logged issue and I am afraid that it is not resolved yet. Please note that product team has been busy in providing fix for the issues which were logged prior to yours. Though we have recorded your concerns and intimated relevant team about them. As soon as we have updates regarding resolution of your issue, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Is this issue resolved as of yet?

@LinkTekSupport,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the earlier reported issue is pending for review and is not yet resolved. However the product team will start investigating it as per their schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Dear Aspose Support,

Can we raise the urgency of this ticket as it has been open for 5 months?

We bought your product to handle PDF issues and it has many concerns… Do you fully support your product?

@LinkTekSupport

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that every reported issue occupies equal significance from us and logged issues have been definitely resolved. However, they have been resolved on first come first serve basis and I am afraid that there are already other issues in the queue, waiting to be resolved, and they were logged prior to your issue. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and intimated the relevant team about it. As soon as we receive some updates regarding resolution progress, we will inform you.

Your patience is greatly appreciated in this regard. Please spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-42936) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.9.