File opening error


#1

I am running evaluation version: 1.8.3.0
In this trial application, I am just trying to open and extract various data
from a big spreadsheet. The company I am doing this work for, Lore Institute,
will purchase licenses for this software if this trial works out.

Some of the smaller trials have worked fine, but now in trying to open
one of these spreadsheet files, the following exception occurs:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030002 (STG_E_FILENOTFOUND).
Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030002 (STG_E_FILENOTFOUND).
[COMException (0x80030002): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030002 (STG_E_FILENOTFOUND).]
ae.a(String A_0, IntPtr A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3, UCOMIStream& A_4) +0
d7.a(String A_0) +933
[Exception: Erros in Excel Open method.]
d7.a(String A_0) +1179
Aspose.Excel.Excel.Open(String designerSpreadsheet) +110

Then it points to where this occurs in my code.
The file is clearly there (I do a file.exists check), and I can open it manually
with excel just fine.

How should I proceed to get this figured out?


#2

In looking hard at the file, I determined that if I removed the column that
has japanese characters, it now loads OK.

I will have to contact the project director to see if we will be able to
only import files with no Japanese characters, or, if they are required.


#3

Sorry for this problem. Could you email me your spreadsheet? I will investigate to see what caused this problem.


#4

I got your file. Thank you.

Yes. The problem is caused by Japanese characters. Now I fixed it and I will release a new hotfix within one or two days. Please try again after I upload the hotfix.


#5

I got the fix, installed, and verified installed. Still have a problem.
I emailed details and attached spreadsheet file so you can try to figure it out.
Thanks,


#6

Perhaps another clue.
A similar file to the one I sent works on my development server,
but not on the production server.

My server is XP, dev server is win2000. Versions of IIS and .NET
support are the same. Production server is busier of course.

This similar file seems to work every time on my dev server,
and never on production server.


#7

Thanks a lot, Britt.

I am working on this issue. When it’s solved, I will let you know ASAP.


#8

This is still a real problem for me. I cannot figure out why sometimes the file
opens and sometimes I get this error. Over and over. I am supposed to
have a demonstration of the system tomorrow, and half the files are
going to cause it to crash.

I have taken out all the Kanji, shortened, simplified as much as I can
and still can not find out what makes some of them fail to load. A file
that loads OK loads everytime. However, if I have to make some changes
to it, it will then often fail to reload.

A file that fails, fails every time. However, if I make various changes to
it, it sometimes starts working.

Let me know if you have figured this out. Let me know if you need
any more files to test.


#9

Dear Britt,

I am very sorry for this problem. I have fixed it but have to do more test on other issues. An internal fix for this issue will be sent to you and please have a try.


#10

Hi Britt,

Please check your email.