File opens in Protected View in Excel after removing Custom XML

Hello,

We reported an issue many months ago where removing custom XML from Excel files was causing the file to open in Excel in Protected View. A bug was created by Aspose (CELLSNET-41182) and a fix was provided in Aspose.Cells 7.3.3.4. We are now using 7.5.0.1 and the issue has resurfaced.

Provided is a before and after document. The document is being edited by Aspose to have the custom XML removed. The “after” document now opens in Protected View. The expected behavior is that the document does not open in Protected View after having been modified.

Thank you,
Kim

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files.

I have tested your scenario/ case. I observed the issue appeared again in the latest version/fix of Aspose.Cells for .NET (e.g v7.7.0.x). I tested your issue with the following codes with your template file and I got the output XLS file which opens in Protected view in MS Excel 2007/2010.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@“e:\test2\Before.xls”);
workbook.Save(@“e:\test2\outBefore.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);
Workbook workbook2 = new Workbook(@“e:\test2\outBefore.xlsx”);
workbook2.Save(@“e:\test2\outAfter.xls”, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003); //Corrupted file

I have reopened your issue “CELLSNET-41182” again. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Kim,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try the fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.7.0.4
and let us know your feedback.