File size limit?

I’m curious to know if there is a file size limit when using PutMergeDocuments to join multiple files into one.

Also, are there some common reasons as to why/when a timeout error would occur when using PutMergeDocuments?

Thank you!

@pdige

Please note that there is no such limit in the Aspose.PDF in terms of file size while concatenating PDF files. Furthermore, it is recommended to use x64 mode of debugging in case you are working with files of large sizes. There is also not any known reason to why timeout error is occurring at your end. Please share some sample PDF files along with sample code snippet so that we can try to replicate the issue in our environment and address it accordingly.

Thanks for getting back to me.

In the current test I’ve been working on, we have 25 pdf files of varying sizes ranging from 40kb up to 3.6mb. If we trying to combine them all in one shot we’re getting that timeout error after approx 100 seconds. If I break up up into batch chunks I can seemingly get under that 100 second limit if I keep the batches under 10mb total.

Unfortunately, having multiple files doesn’t really work for our end users. Would you have any tips/tricks on how we can improve performance? Thank you!

@pdige

Could you kindly share your sample source PDFs along with sample code snippet? We will test the scenario in our environment and try to observe the similar behavior of the API. As shared earlier, it is quite difficult to comment on this issue without replicating it in our environment.