File size of PDF is bigger after conversion form DOC using .NET

Hi,

I upgraded from 11.0 to 11.3 and I saw that my files are bigger. Do you know if there is an extra option I should set to keep them small?

I attached both files.

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your query. Please try to set TextCompression and JpegQuality. But you should note if you change JpegQuality you can reduce the quality of images in the document. See the following code:

// Open source document.

Document doc = new Document(@"Test075\in.doc");

// Set PdfOptions

PdfOptions pdfOptions = new PdfOptions();

pdfOptions.TextCompression = PdfTextCompression.Flate;

pdfOptions.JpegQuality = 60;

doc.SaveToPdf(0, doc.PageCount, @"Test075\out.pdf", pdfOptions);

Please share your document for investigation purposes.

Hi Tahir,

I use the following options:
Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions pdfoptions =new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();
pdfoptions .SaveFormat = SaveFormat.Pdf;
pdfoptions .TextCompression = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfTextCompression.Flate;
pdfoptions .JpegQuality = 100;
pdfoptions .EmbedFullFonts = false;

I don’t understand why in version 11.3 the file is 25% bigger than it is in 11.0, with the same options?

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Please accept my apology for late response. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 11.4.0. If you still face problem, Please share your document file for investigation purposes.

Hi tahir,

Thanks for your reply. I upgraded to 11.4 and the problem still occurs. The pdf is 25kb, and in 11.0 the pdf was 20kb.

I attached the doc file.

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing the document file. I have tested the scenario with small and big size of documents and have not found size issue with output PDF file. Please check the size issue with different size of documents.

Please let us know, If you have any more queries.