Files generated from a template file that contains a slicer need fixing

Hi,

We have been updating our version of Aspose.Cells, and now we are currently in v7.5.0.1.
We used to be able be able to save a cleared workbook (workbook where tables are emptied) successfully even with slicers present in a pivot table.

We now currently can’t generated a stable file if the template file contains a slicer; files with slicers will generate a file that needs to be fixed by Excel (its fix will remove the slicer).

I have attached a small project to demonstrate the issue. I have also attached an input file “input file with slicer.xlsx” for you to use. This project will generate an xlsx file called “generated file.xlsx” in the same folder as the input file.

NOTE: could this be an issue while you guys are working on a fix for my older slicer issue?

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with a template file.

I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by running your project with your template file. Aspose.Cells does not generate a stable file if the template file contains a slicer; files with slicers will generate a file that needs to be fixed by MS Excel (the file needs to be repaired by it that consequently removes the slicer).

The issue might be linked to another issue regarding slicer mentioned in the ticket “CELLSNET-41479”.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41783” for your issue. We will look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.0.2 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41783) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

This issue may need to be re-opened as we still can’t generated a stable file when the workbook has been cleared of data and it contains a pivot table and a slicer.

I have attached a small project to show the issue. I have also attached an input file “input file with simple data and slicer.xlsx” for you to use. The generated file is called “generatedFile.xlsx”; when you try to open this file, Excel crashes.

I have tried this with versions of Aspose.Cells from 7.5.0.0 - 7.5.1.2.
The follow are the results of my test runs

7.5.0.1 - Excel needs repair (This was the raised issue in this whole thread)
7.5.0.2 - Excel Crashes
7.5.0.4 - Excel Crashes
7.5.0.5 - Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

7.5.1.0 - Excel Crashes
7.5.1.1 - Excel crashes (Some cases it doesn’t)
7.5.1.2 - Excel crashes

Hi,

We were able to observe this issue with the latest version. The generated file crashes MS-Excel on opening. We have logged your comments in our database. We will look into it and fix the issue. We have reopened this issue. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

I have found the reason why sometimes it worked with 7.5.1.1;
the cleared file causes Excel to crash when opened, but for some reason
if that exact file is filled with data, the pivot tables are refreshed
and then re-saved as a new file, the new file is very much stable and
opens successfully. In 7.5.1.2 however, the file causes excel to crash
with or without data when then the pivot tables are refreshed.

Hi,

Thanks for providing the additional information and using Aspose.Cells.

We have logged your additional information in our database for investigation. Hopefully it will be helpful in resolving this issue. We will look into it and once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.5.2.1

Hi,

Unfortunately this is still an issue in our project as well as in the attached project even when using Aspose.Cells 7.5.2.1. The latest version of Aspose.Cells 7.5.2.1 did however fix a good number of our other issues.

I downloaded the files I last attached in this thread, made sure that I was using Aspose.Cells 7.5.2.1 and ran it using the input file. The generate file is still crashes Microsoft Excel when opened.

I have attached a screenshot of what we expected the output file to look like when it actually opens. The screenshot is taken from the input file after the source table has been cleared and the pivot table has been refreshed.

Thank you

Hi,

We have checked your issue from our database. It seems, this issue cannot be fixed because we are unable to refresh the slicer now. We have checked your project attached at this post with the latest version and it generated corrupt file. We have logged your comments against this issue. Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

@sgastardo,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-41783”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@sgastardo,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.5.7 (attached).

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.5.7 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.5.7 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)