Fill-able PDF

We need a way for our application to take a fill-able PDF, populate some fields, and produce a PDF which is still fill-able and can besaved . Using the Aspose PDF Kit we can’t produce a PDF that can still be saved.

Do you have any way to do this, including the possibility of populating the PDF from an fdf or xml file?

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi Michael,

You can fill form fields using FillField method. You can also fill the PDF form fields from an FDF or XML file using ImportFdf or ImportXml method respectively. However, as you mentioned that the PDF form is not editable after filling the form, it seems like you have enabled extended features in your PDF.

Please share the original PDF form (before filling) with us, so we could test the issue at our end. You’ll be updated accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Thank you,

Here is the file that you requested.

Please keep me informed.

Hi Michael,

I have reproduced the problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-13682 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issue is resolved.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13682) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Which issues that were found earlier (filed as 13682) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf.Kit For .NET 4.3.0? I tried to use version 4.4.0, but I'm still having problems filling in fields in fillable PDF forms with Aspose.Pdf.Kit, saving the results, and filling in other fields later. Some other messages in the Aspose forum say that only Adobe software (such as Lifecycle Reader Extensions) can work here, because Adobe uses encryption that only it can decipher. Is this still an issue? If so, what problem was fixed in version 4.3.0 that you were referring to?

I get the error in the attached errorMsg.gif file.

Hi Michael,

I have again tested this issue, with the file you shared earlier, using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 4.3.0 and 4.4.0 and I couldn’t notice any problem; the fields are filled properly and the output file is still editable.

Can you please make sure that you’re using the latest version at your end? Please remove any existing reference to the DLL, build the project, add reference to Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 4.4.0 DLL and rebuild the project.

If you still find the same issue at your end then please share whether you’re having this issue with the same file you shared earlier, or this is the different file. If the file is different and problem persists at your end then please share the PDF file with us, so we could test it at our end.

Regards,

It looks like you’re right. After I deleted the old reference to Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Dll and added a new one I did not have the problem.

In http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/196724/unable-to-save-pdf-file-locally/showthread.aspx#196724 it’s stated that you need Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions to get around the problem described there. It sounds like the problem there is similar to the one I had. If did not install Adobe LiveCycle, how did the new version of the Aspose.Pdf.Kit get around the problem?
In http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/128789/importing-data/showthread.aspx#128789 it’s also stated that the problem there is related to the Adobe encryption algorithm.
<a href="PDF file loses its ability to be saved in Acrobat Reader all seem to refer to a similar problem.
Are there any special licensing restrictions when editing a fillable PDF form, saving it, and editing it again? I think Adobe Acrobat Pro has a 500 use limit.

Hi Michael,

As you might have noticed that the form is editable without Reader Extensions, so you don’t need the Adobe Reader Extensions for the output file to be editable.

Moreover, the issues relating to the forum posts you shared earlier are also resolved.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,