Fill list items in a dropdownlist acroForm using Aspose.PDF for .NET

Hello,

I have to fill items of a dropdownlist acroForm build with Adobe LiveCycle Designer.
There’s no problem with a FormEditor (frmEditor.AddListItem(“cbTest”, “azerty”).

The problem is that I have to enable Extended Features in Acrobat Readers with Acrobat 9 Pro when I build the form (users can save data in the pdf).
And when I use the AddListItem functions of FormEditor class, acrobat reader disable Extended features in the saved pdf file.

Also, I don’t find function like AddLIstItem in Form class (I use it for fill my fields).

Do You know how can I fill list items of a dropdownlist acroForm without disable Extended Features ?

Thanks

Hi Durand,

The FormEditor class allows you to create form fields and fill the list items in the fields like drop down list or list box etc. You can always add new items in the list controls using AddListItem. However, Form class is used to fill the field values; you can either fill a text box or select a value for the list controls. For example, you have multiple cities in a drop down list named Cities. Now, by using Form.FillField method and specifying field name and selected value, you can select a particular city for this field.

As far as your issue with extended features is concerned, please share the input PDF file along with your code snippet, so we could test the issue at our end and guide you accordingly.

Moreover, I would like to share that we have merged Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET into Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET will be discontinued from October 2011. So, I would recommend you to use merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please note that the versions 6.0.0 and higher of Aspose.Pdf for .NET are part of the merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET. I’m also moving this thread to the Aspose.Pdf forum, so you could ask any further questions, in the related forum.

I hope this helps. If you find any questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

I have tested to fill my form fields with Aspose.Pdf.

The problem is that I have not access to my fields with Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form with the newest version fo Aspose.Pdf (6.2.0).

This is the code :

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form pdfForm = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form(pdfFile, outputPdfFile);
pdfForm.FillField(“tfTest”, “Mike”);
pdfForm.Save();

=> pdfForm.FieldNames has no elements and the output file doesn’t contain the value.
(You have the pdf file in attachment)

It worked well with Aspose.Pdf.Kit (version 5.8.0.0) :

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Form f = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Form(pdfFile, outputPdfFile);
f.FillField(f.FieldNames[1], “aaaaaaaaazz”);
f.Save();

And the fields with id 1 in FieldNalmes collection has the right value in the output pdf file.

Hi Durand,<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as <span style=“font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>PDFNEWNET-30979. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””><span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks,

After tests, I know what was the problem : my intial form was a “dynamic pdf form” and not a “static pdf form”. With a static, I can access to my field with the class Adobe.Pdf.Facades.Form.

There is now the initial problem, when I save it with Aspose, extended features are disabled in output pdf : I can’t fill and save it in adobe reader.

There was not this problem with old Aspose.pdf.kit.form class.
So I will use this class… I hope that it’s possible to have licence for older versions…

Yannick

Hi Durand,

I already discovered that Extended Feature becomes disabled when document is filled with new value. It has already been communicated to the development team. We will definitely consider this issue while resolving this problem.

I am afraid Licenses for Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET is not available for purchase. We are encouraging our customers to migrate to new Merged API because the support for Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET will be discontinued after October2011. We will try to our level best to fix the issues that you have reported, ASAP. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.
<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-30979) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0.

Blog post for this release can be viewed over this link

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Durand,

Thanks for your patience. In reference to above stated fix, please note for XFA forms, full path should be specified

(“form1[0].Page1[0].tfTest[0]” instead of “tfTest”):

else field is not found and false is returned.

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form pdfForm = new
Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form();<o:p></o:p>

//Open Document

pdfForm.BindPdf("30979.pdf");

pdfForm.FillField("form1[0].tfTest[0]", "Mike");

pdfForm.Save("30979.pdf");

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,