Finding inconsistency in excel output for the same input using Aspose Cells java

Hi Aspose Team,

I am using Aspose Cells 23.1 version in java.
I find fluctuations in the excel output for the same input when using aspose library.

Can you please share the support email address to share the excel file for reference in as the data is confidential.

Thanks,
Priyanka
priyanka.bhattad@spglobal.com

@gkamdar
My email address: John.He@aspose.com

Would you like to provide executable sample code while providing sample files? This will be very helpful for us to locate the issue.

@gkamdar
We have downloaded your sample file, but it contains only the sample file and no other information. Would you like to provide a detailed description of your issue? If you can highlight the screenshot and provide sample code, it will be very helpful for us to locate the issue.

Hi John,

I have sent an email on John.He@aspose.com. Not sure if you got a chance to read it. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Priyanka

@gkamdar,

Thanks for sending us the email. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

@gkamdar
I’m sorry that I didn’t receive the email you sent. Would you like to resend it again? Alternatively, you can directly attach the executable sample project and highlighted screenshots to the forum. Please refer to the attachment (173.6 KB).

Hi John,

I have sent email from my id: priyanka.bhattad@spglobal.com just now
Can you check if it in other folder of your inbox. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Priyanka

@gkamdar,

Thanks for sending an email.
We will evaluate and get back to you soon.

@gkamdar
I’m sorry, I can check the email you sent yesterday. But there are no attachments in the email. I have added your email to safe senders. Additionally, if your code and highlighted screenshots are not large, you can directly upload them to the forum. Before uploading, please compress them into zip format. We will check them soon. Please refer to the attachment (157.0 KB).

Hi John,

Please find attached the excel files in MANUAL mode calculation.
(If this changes to Automatic mode, you won’t be able to see the difference in Output sheet row number 51, column E, F)

This is one example. There are many other columns in output sheet that do not match. The input sheet for both the excels match completely.

I am using aspose cells version 23.3

Below is the code snippet that I am using to calculate the output for the attached excel

Workbook workbook = workbookBean.getAsposeWorkbook(); //creating an instance of aspose workbook for an existing excel

workbook.getSettings().getFormulaSettings().setEnableIterativeCalculation(true); 
        WorksheetCollection worksheets = workbook.getWorksheets();

Worksheet outputSheet = worksheets.get(getOutputSheetName());

// I am writing the values in the input sheet and then calcualting the workbook            
    workbook.calculateFormula();

After calculating the workbook I get inconsistent output when the input sheet has the same values.
To open the attached excel in manual mode calculation, close all the other excels on the computer.

Please let me know if you need any other info.
excelfile.zip (2.8 MB)

Thanks,
Priyanka

@gkamdar,

Thanks for providing the sample Excel files.

I tested your XLSM file(s) and noticed some differences when loading the file into the Aspose.Cells Workbook object model, calculating formulas, and then re-saving the XLSM file. Could you please also share some screenshots highlighting the problematic areas for the cells when comparing the input Excel sheet with the output after being processed and having formulas calculated by Aspose.Cells? This will greatly help us evaluate your issue accurately, so that we can log it into our database correctly and resolve it promptly.

Hi @amjad.sahi ,

Attached the screenshot for the output sheet where there are differences for the same input
Please let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks,
Priyanka

screenshot_example1.png (45.7 KB)

screenshot_example2.png (55.4 KB)

@gkamdar
By using sample files and code for testing, we can reproduce the issue. Discovered some errors in the file data that was resaved after calling the formula calculation.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45725

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

thanks John. I would like to know how much time will it take for the solution in the both (internal issue tracking system and Paid support services )the cases that you mentioned.

@gkamdar

Please share us some time to evaluate your issue, then we will share you the ETA in both cases(Free Support and Paid Support).

@gkamdar,

Since your issue was logged yesterday (just a few hours ago), please allow us some time to evaluate and analyze it in detail. If it is not complex, we should be able to fix it soon, and the fix may be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.12 - planned for publication in the second week of December next month). If the issue is complex, it may take a few more weeks or even a month to resolve.

Additionally, if you purchase paid support, we will prioritize your issue so that it can be resolved earlier.

@peyton.xu : ok, will wait for your response

@gkamdar,

We will keep you posted with any new updates once they become available.

Hi @amjad.sahi ,

We are subscribed to paid support. Pls let me know what id you need to know.
I have another example for the mismatch. attached the excel and also the screenshot for the mismatch values.

thanks,
Priyanka
example2_excelfile.zip (2.3 MB)

example2_mismatch_screenshot.png (62.5 KB)

@gkamdar,

If you have purchased Paid Support, then you may use the Paid Support Account/Subscription and post your issue/ticket in our Paid Support Helpdesk. When creating a new thread/ticket in the paid support helpdesk, you do not need to reiterate the issue from scratch; simply provide the link to this thread and existing issue id (“CELLSJAVA-45725”).