Flash output ... Brilliant!

Hi,
What a surprise!!! Flash output!!! Excellent Quality viewing and scaling!! All of the EMFs I include in documents scale perfectly!!
What is the recommended way to open the flash files with the internet explorer? For example, if I use the SWF extention, I get the flash viewer opening = blank. If I open with Internet Explorer, using ‘Open With’ and selecting the IE. The full viewer opens.
In my application, I am opening local files through the diagnostic process and a file location.
Is there a recommended way to open the flash file with the embedded viewer? Is there some HTML that can go around the SWF to open the file?
Again … a very nice surprise!!!
Regards, Bruce

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I created a simple ASP.NET application that demonstrates how you can display your document using SWF viewer on page.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Hi Bruce,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
We have more plans for the Flash output in Aspose.Words and customer feedback is very important. Feel free to suggest what you want to do with such output, how you want it, missing features etc.
We are going to add some features like search and text selection soon. Also, a more elegant UI design is in progress.
Btw EMF and WMF metafiles scale well because Aspose.Words internally converts them into vector graphics, they will scale well in all Aspose.Words outputs including PDF and XPS. But because Aspose.Words performs this work itself, some visual differences can occur for complex metafiles. But this seems to be a rare occurrence.
Also, I have a personal concern than produced SWF seems to be quite big. We might try to improve this, but feel free to let us know what do you think about this.

So if I purchase your product does the ASPOSE logo go away from the SWF file? If not, maybe you can make that happen in your next release.

Hi Giancarlo,
Thanks for your inquiry. We will remove the logo in the next version of Aspose.Words that comes out in May-June. We also plan to provide an option to specify your own logo. We will let you know once this feature is added.
Best regards,

Hi Aspose Team,
I agree with other user, this is a great functionnality !!!
I think I’ll implement this in our product, but I’ll wait some features if there are planed :
- Changing logo with another
- Possibility to export and save localy the document from the swf interface (in all format supported by Aspose, and it would be nice to be able to restrict the format list when saving the document to swf)
- Display pages side by side when there is enough space
- quality option when saving to swf ?
- Other option on swf interface (colors, pictures, etc)

Thanks. This is exactly what we wanted to hear. Your suggested features make sense.

1. Changing logo is planned, hopefully next release.
  2. Export locally from the SWF interface - great new idea for us. I will make sure this is taken on board.
  3. Displaying multiple pages when zooming out - will schedule this done asap too.
  4. Quality when saving to SWF - we will investigate what can be done. Can you elaborate in more details and what you want to see here.
  5. How much do you want to change the interface? Completely resking with your buttons and place them anywhere or just changing colors will do?

Hi Romank,
4. Quality when saving to SWF - we will investigate what can be done.
I was thinking about the quality of embed pictures for exemple
5. How much do you want to change the interface?
My customers are French so I have to translate tooltips to French, for exemple “Actual Size” to “A l’echelle”, “Search” to “Rechercher”. Changing colors would be nice too.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. Your suggestions have been logged in our defect tracking system. We will let you know once they are implemented.
Best regards,

A fix for the issue(s) you’ve reported (filed as 22233) will be released in the next release at the end of this month.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4183; WORDSNET-4721) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.