FNC1 code for 128 barcode

I’m constructing a bar code that calls for the insertion of a FNC1 character immediately after the start characters and as the 8th character. I’m using the BarCodeBuilder in c# and was hoping you could tell me what would be the proper way to do this. The barcode spec I’m implementing also calls for a Mod 10 check digit followed by a Mod 103 check digit just before the stop code, can you give me any insight into implementing these as well. I’ve googled all of these items and I’m not finding any consistent results.

Thank you

Hi Randy,

Thank you for contacting support. It is all depend upon the code text you are using. Could you please share the exact code text and symbology of the bar code? We will take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

Thank you for the quick response, below is the basics of what I need to do if you can fill in the gaps or point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

Specifically, can you verify the proper use for FNC1, the barcode symbology type and if possible the mod10 and mod103.

Thank you

char FNC1 = Convert.ToChar(29); // ??? BEST OPTION I'VE FOUND SO FAR
string mod10checkDigit = ""; // ??? HOW IS THIS CREATED
string mod103checkDight = ""; // ??? HOW IS THIS CREATED
string sequence1 = "1234567";
string sequence2 = "123456789";
string barCodeText = FNC1 + sequence1 + FNC1 + sequence2 + mod10checkDigit + mod103checkDight;
BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder();
builder.CodeText = barCodeText;
builder.SymbologyType = Symbology.EAN128; // ??? CALLS FOR UCC/EAN CODE GS1-128char

Hi Randy.

From the code snippet you provided i’m almost sure you need GS1Code128 symbology. But without real codetext’s example, i’m not sure how to help you.
Because when i look at the barcode’s specification i see too many ways how to encode too many different types of the data.
As you probably know GS1 standard has a quite strong requirement for the codetext used, and we must be sure we understand you right.

So please share the codetext.

PS. FNC char is definetely not 29, but it can has different values depending on the situation

I’ve attached the barcode spec that I’m working with, any help would be appreciated. I know that the text itself can be assigned directly to to the codetext value but i need to know how to add the fnc1 portions and the mods at the end. I’ve not been able to find anything in your docs that covers either of these items.

Thank you

Your code snippet and your image are not about the same.
For now lets discuss GS1Code128 from your picture.
You dont need to put FNC chars manually.
You dont need to put Mod103 checksum manually.
But you need to put Mod10 checksum by yourself.
420 and 92 here are application identifiers. So you need to put them inside codetext with brackets.
So full codetext will be: (420)94901(92)02090107615900001236

Some links to read:
Page Not Found - GS1-128 INFOGS1-128 INFO
checksum - More idiomatic way to calculate GS1 check digit in Clojure - Stack Overflow
http://www.gs1.org/barcodes/support/check_digit_calculator

As for Code128 from your codesnippet we need to do more investigation.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for contacting support. I have logged this issue under ticket id BARCODENET-33721 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified once it is fixed. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Randy,

We have a good news for you is BARCODENET-33721 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.0.0. It is expected at the start of the next month. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33721) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for being patient. It is to update you that now it works perfect using several FNC characters in the codetext as follows:

BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder(“fABCf123”, Symbology.Code128);

Bitmap image = builder.BarCodeImage;

BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(image);

if (reader.Read())

{

string s = reader.GetCodeText();

Console.WriteLine("Text: {0}", s);

}

In this sample “f” is FNC char.

Output:

Text: ABC123

We hope, this helps.