Font changed after a load/save cycle of an RTF file

Hello,

I have discovered the following issue in Aspose Words for .NET (v18.3/v18.7).

Input:
InputDoc.zip (10.1 KB)

Output:
Output.zip (5.5 KB)

Steps to reproduce:
Load and save the input document attached:

var doc = new Document("InputDoc.rtf");
doc.Save("Output.rtf");

Expected outcome
The output should look the same as the input.

Actual outcome
The Times New Roman font is changed to Lucida Sans Unicode.

Thank you for your time,

Andrei

@aletcanu,

We have converted “InputDoc.rtf” to “18.9.rtf” (see 18.9.zip (5.5 KB)) by using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 18.9. Do you see the same problem in this ‘18.9.rtf’?

If yes, please create a comparison screenshot highlighting (encircle) all the problematic areas in this Aspose.Words generated RTF output document and share it here for our reference.

Also, what version of MS Word are using on your end to view these RTF files?

Thank you for your reply @awais.hafeez ,

I can still see the issue in your attached document:

Input_Highlighted.png (31.5 KB)
Output18.9_Highlighted.png (32.7 KB)

I have tried opening the output with Word 2000 and 2016 and I can see the issue in both.

Regards,
Andrei

@aletcanu,

But, even when we open your ‘InputDoc.rtf’ with MS Word 2016 and WordPad on our end, the font is displayed as ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’ for selected text (see screenshot). Please make sure that you have provided the correct ‘InputDoc.rtf’. Is ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’ font installed on your machine? Do you see the same problem in this MS Word 2016 generated RTF (msw-2016.zip (10.4 KB))?

@awais.hafeez,

Apologies, there’s been a misunderstanding on my end,

I can only see the described issue in word 2000; WordPad and Word 2016 are showing “Lucida Sans Unicode” where Word 2000 shows “Times New Roman” (in InputDoc.rtf).

Is there any way to replicate the behaviour of Word 2000 in my case?

Thanks,
Andrei

@aletcanu,

We will prepare the required platform to simulate the environment as that of yours (Office 2000 installation etc). As soon as everything is setup, we will test your scenario and post the results here for your kind reference.

@aletcanu,

For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17420. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you, I look forward to the outcome of this issue

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17420) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.11 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.11 update.