Font defaults to Calibri (Java 23.1)

Dear Aspose team,

I am running through one of the examples (Working with Text|Documentation) for working with text specifically the " Adding Text and Styles Programming Sample"
section, however, I’m running into an issue where regardless of the value entered in the setValue() parameters (shape.getChars().get(0).getFont().setValue(“this value”) it seems to default to Calibri.

After some digging, I noticed that this seemed to be an issue with the .Net version as well (Font defaults to Calibri irrespective of Style.Font) which seems to have been resolved.

I would just like to know if this has been fixed in the Java version as well, and if so what might I be doing wrong based on the example in the docs mentioned above.

Thanks

@joshualotz81

We have logged an investigation ticket as DIAGRAMJAVA-51073 to analyze whether this issue is a regression or it needs to be fixed. We will let you know as soon as the ticket is resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Good day Aspose team,

Is there perhaps an update regarding ticket DIAGRAMJAVA-51073

Thanks

@joshualotz81

We are afraid that the ticket DIAGRAMJAVA-51073 could not get fully investigated yet. However, we will surely inform you via this forum thread once it is resolved. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-51073) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by philip.zhou

Dear Aspose Team

I downloaded the latest 23.2 .jar file but the issue still persists.

Could you please confirm if it is working in your environment or if I am doing it incorrectly?

Code line im using (shape.getChars().get(0).getFont().setValue(“this value”))

Thanks

@joshualotz81

We have fixed the example on Working with Text|Documentation. Have you tried the latest code given there? Please confirm and we will further proceed accordingly.

Just an update, tested it again on the 23.3 release and was able to get it working by setting the getFontName() value as well. Without it, it never seemed to work. Just mentioning it in case someone else runs into the issue as well.

@joshualotz81
Thanks for your update.
Please feel free to contact us any time if you find any issue.
Thanks.