Font discrepancy when ArialNarrow is used in Header text(smart text) while building a Powerpoint Presentation

Hi,

We are facing an issue(font discrepancy) while building a single PowerPoint presentation for two or more reports(slides) which are built using different fonts in header text(smart text).

In this case we have built a powerpoint presentation with two reports(slides) in which source1 uses Arial font and source2 uses Arial Narrow font for header text(smart text). After exporting we could see that header text(smart text) of source2(slide2) was changed to wingdings font.

Below is the sample code snippet:-

slide = null;

Presentation source1 = new Presentation(@"C:\temp\Source1.ppt");

Presentation source2 = new Presentation(@"C:\temp\Source2.ppt");

SortedList temp = new SortedList();

Presentation m_presentation = new Presentation();

slide = source.Slides[0];

source.CloneSlide(slide, m_presentation.Slides.LastSlidePosition + 1, m_presentation, temp);

m_presentation.Slides.RemoveAt(0);

MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();

if (stream != null)

{

m_presentation.Write(stream);

}

FileStream file = new FileStream(@"c:\temp\Cloned.ppt", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write);

byte[] bytes = stream.ToArray();

file.Write(bytes, 0, (int)stream.Length);

Please look into this issue and update us as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards

N Suresh Babu

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with the source presentation files shared by you and have been able to observe font change issue on slide 2 (Source2.ppt). An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33883 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Fayyaz,

We have not received any update regarding this issue till now. We have a production movement on 10th of this month. I request you to look on this issue and provide the solution ASAP. Please share the workarounds if you have any, but we are expecting a complete solution for this issue from Aspose.

Thanks & Regards

N Suresh Babu

Hi N Suresh Babu,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue has not yet been scheduled for investigation. Actually, our development team schedule issue related to Enterprise support customers first and then Priority support customers. After these the issues from Aspose.Slides or normal support forums are considered for resolution. The issues are scheduled for investigation and resolution on first come and first serve basis and then on the basis of their complexity. However, I have requested our development team to kindly schedule the issue for investigation and share some estimates related to issue status. I may be able to share the further information with you once it will be shared by our development team.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33883) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.