Font Lato not converting from docx to pdf correctly

We have documents that are using the Font “Lato”

When we convert the docx to pdf the font comes out bold or very dark like a bold.

Is there an issue with this font?

I tried also the demo on the aspose website and it is the same thing.

(Also as a side note why does the forum website not work on Edge?)

@threadsoftware Could you please attach your input and output documents along with the problematic font? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

I have checked on my side and forum works fine in Edge. Could you please let us know what problem you have encountered with Aspose forum in Edge browser?

In Edge this is what I see - I can’t add title etc whereas in firefox its fine. I have a 32" monitor.

image.png (34.2 KB)

Hi so due to nature of docs I can’t upload them but I have screenshot below.

On the doc without the issue the only change I made was adding the word test and saving. I did a document compare and word only shows that as the difference - Lato is a standard Word font I believe.

If I make any change at all to the document the bold disappears on the conversion.

Docwithissue.jpg (142.0 KB)
Docwithoutissue.jpg (117.6 KB)

@threadsoftware Thank you for additional information. But, unfortunately, it is impossible to analyze the issue without test document and fonts.

I do not have this font installed on my side, while fonts for all languages are installed on my side. So it looks like not standard windows font.

Could you please try implementing IWarningCallback on your side to check whether font substitution is performed while rendering your document.
If Aspose.Words cannot find the font specified in the document, Aspose.Words substitutes the missed font.