Font not used in PDF

Hi,

Just downloaded 6.6.0 for evaluation and tried to save a docx file containing a MyriadPro font to a pdf. Got MicrosoftSansSerif font instead, even when telling Word to imbed the font. The MyriadPro fonts are OTF type.

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your request. If I understand you correctly, font is embedded into Word document. Am I right? Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support fonts embedded into Word documents. If you need to use some font in PDF, this font should be installed on your PC, also the font should be True Type or Open Type.

Also, please attach your document and font here for testing. I will check them on my side.

Best regards.

Thanks,

The font was on the PC and is an Open Type. As you indicated, imbedding the font in the docx file made no difference.

Regards,
Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your document and font for testing. I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Here is a test docx and one of the fonts.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side and I linked your request to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Hi,

I was wondering if the Myriad Pro OTF font would be supported in the next release.

Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is still unresolved. And since the next release is planned for the mid of this month, I cannot promise you that this problem will be resolved before the next release.

Best regards.

Can you please tell me the exact nature of the OTF problem? I’ll see if the font supplier can suggest something.

Thanks.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently, I cannot tell you what the reason of the problem is. We will let you know once we have any additional information regarding this issue.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18487) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(60)

A fix for the issue(s) you've reported (filed as 7626) will be released in the next release at the end of this month. You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2103) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.