Font size- Bold and margins

I use Aspose.pdf(ver 3.8) and Aspose.Word(ver 5.2.2.4). In my application I upload a word file and create a PDF document. My word document has two fonts Arial, and Arial Narrow, font size: 10. The Arial Narrow font is not correctly displayed. Also there are margin and formatting issues. The word document is created using MS Word 2007.

Please help.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Currently Aspose.Words supports direct conversion to PDF (without using Aspose.Pdf). See the following link for more information:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/

So, you can try using new method to convert your document to PDF. Here is the code:

Document doc = new Document("in.docx");
doc.SaveToPdf("out.pdf");

Legacy method is old method, you can use it, but you should note that we will exclude legacy method of PDF conversion in one of our future versions. Also no new issues will be fixed in the legacy method.

Best regards,

I used the new version of the Aspose.Word and it did solve some problems. I noticed that there is already a ticket 8002 about Character Spacing. Do you have an ETA when it will be fixed?

Also I have issues with margins, the word document and generated PDF margins are way off

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue 8002 is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Also, could you please attach your input document here for testing? I will check the problem with margins on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I’ve sent an email with the document. please respond.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem with margins on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download this version from here:

https://releases.aspose.com/words/net/

The output PDF generated on my side looks fine. I sent it to your e-mail.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

I’m using the latest version of Aspose.words. If you open the Word document that I had sent earlier you will notice the margin is set to 0.75". If you print the word and the converted PDF, you will see that the Top, Bottom, Left and Right margin of the PDF is not in line with the Word document.

The requirement is that the PDF should look exactly like the Word document. Also you compare the font sizes is decreased in the PDF document.

Regards
Gopi

Hi Gopi,

Thank you for additional information. I have compared the input document and the output PDF, I think it is acceptable result. I sent screenshot to your e-mail.

Best regards,

Andrew,

Thanks for your quick response. If you take a print of of both the Word and PDF, you will notice that “Policy Number” do not overlap. The margin(Top and left) i set to 0.75" in the word document, however the PDF has a margin of 1.2". This is very important for us as the documents needs to be exactly the same.

These document templates needs to be submitted with Government and when the PDF is generated it needs to be exactly the same. Some agencies need to have the font to be similar in size between the word document and PDF.

Really appreciate your help. If you can please share your contact number, I can call and explain in detail.

Thanks,
Gopi

Hi Andrey,

I also learnt that the by default when I printed the PDF documents, the print setting were “Shrink to Printable Area”. I changed this to “None” and the documents look correct. I tried using the older version of Aspose.Words and noticed that the “Character Spacing” was working, however the font was incorrect.

With the new version of Aspose.Word, the font works but the “Character Spacing” does not work. Will the new version of Aspose.Word(8.2.1) work with the old version of Aspose.PDF(ver 3.8)? Due to paucity of time, I cannot change my code to use the new feature of “SaveAsPDF”. Can I just copy the latest version of Aspose.Word and Aspose.PDF and re-build my application? Will that work or do I have to make further changes?

Appreciate your help.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Yes, you can try using the latest version of Aspose.Words with Aspose.Pdf. You can use old method of PDF conversion, but you should note that we will exclude this method in one of our future versions. Also no new issues will be fixed in the legacy method.

Best regards,

We are currently using Aspose.pdf(ver 3.8) and Aspose.Word(ver 5.2.2.4). There is a bug in this version when rendering Arial, and Arial Narrow, font size: 10.

The latest versions of Aspose.pdf and Aspose Word appear to resolve this problem, however, they introduce another problem with character spacing.
https://forum.aspose.com/t/3-problems-of-saving-doc-to-pdf-text-fit-in-table-cell-watermark-distended-text/93438/2

Both the Bold and the Character spacing issues are critical to our production processing. We need to have both of these pieces of functionality working by the end of the week. Coding and releasing a new build against the new versions of the assemblies is not feasible nor does it resolve our problems (i.e. we still have the character spacing problem). What I need is a “patch” or “hotfix” for the font issues we are experiencing with Aspose.pdf(ver 3.8) and Aspose.Word(ver 5.2.2.4). Upgrading to the latest version is our secondary goal that will take more time.

Please respond to this email with a fix for the specific font issues we are experiencing in the Aspose.pdf(ver 3.8) and Aspose.Word(ver 5.2.2.4) versions or provide me with the phone number of your customer support manager.

Toby Schau
515-986-2334

Team Lead
Berkley Technology Services, LLC - Core Systems

Hello Toby,

Thank you for additional information. The problem with character spacing can occur just if you use direct method of PDF converting (without using Aspose.Pdf). If you try using the latest version of Aspose.Words (9.0.0) and Aspose.Pdf (4.2.1) and using legacy (old) method of PDF converting, there is no issue with character spacing.

Also you should note, no new issues will be fixed in the legacy method.

Best regards,

My point in my last post is that I need a “hot fix” or “patch” for the rendering Arial, and Arial Narrow, font size: 10. Aspose.pdf(ver 3.8) and Aspose.Word(ver 5.2.2.4) bug. I don’t have the capacity or time to upgrade.

Please send me a patch for this problem with Aspose.pdf(ver 3.8) and Aspose.Word(ver 5.2.2.4)

Hi Toby,

Thanks for your request. Your point is clear, but we do not provide patches or hotfixes for old version of Aspose products. The only way to get a fix is upgrading to the newest versions.

Best regards.

Can I please have access to Aspose.Words Ver: 5.3. This is the last version before the re-achitecture of Aspose.Words. Can you tell me if this version can fix the Arial and Arial Narrow issue that I’m currently facing.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your request. I attached 5.3.0 version here. Actually, the latest version of Aspose.Words also supports legacy method of PDF conversion. So you can upgrade to the version of Aspose.Words, which is allowed by your license and use old method of PDF conversion.

Best regards.

Thanks for sending the 5.3 version.

I have a document with Arial Narrow font. The version of Aspose.Words(5.2.2.4) and Aspose.PDF(3.8) does not render this font correctly. Please provide me with solutions to fix this issue.

As mentioned earlier, I don’t have capacity to upgrade to the newer version of words.

Thanks
Gopi

Hi

Thanks for your request. We are planning to exclude legacy method of PDF conversion in one of our future versions. And no new issues will be fixed in the legacy method. The only way to work this problem around is using the latest version of Aspose.Words and direct method of PDF conversion.

Best regards,

hi,

Can you please give me a list of Fonts that will be supported with the Aspose.Words(5.2) version?

I can then accordingly modify the documents.

Thanks