Font substitution issue

Greetings - I’m using Aspose.Pdf for .Net, version 3.7 with .Net 1.1. I have a series of Word docs that are appended together using Apsose.Words, saved to a stream using SaveFormat.AsposePdf then loaded into an Apose.Pdf.Pdf object. When the Pdf object is saved, the Wingdings fonts are substituted as Wingdings-Regular. Is there anyway I can avoid this substitution without changing the original Word docs?

Thanks,

Chris

Hello Chris,

In order to avoid the font substitution and to embed the original font into the resultant pdf, Please visit Fonts embedding while creating Pdf

Is the solution outlined in that sample applicable to our situation? The example code is creating a PDF directly in code while we are starting with Word documents, performing a mail merge,. saving to PDF XML then saving to PDF file. Our code doesn't reference any of the documents Segment/Paragraph/Text/etc objects so I'm not entirely sure how I would apply your example to our scenario.

Thanks!

Hello Chris,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

During word2Pdf conversion it is not necessary to deal with Segments/Paragraphs/Text etc. Please refer to section Font Embedding while Word2Pdf Conversion in referenced article.

Thanks, guess I should have scrolled down further in that article :)

I'll give that a try in our code and see how it works.

Chris