Font type unmatch when rendering

Hello team,

I have converted 0_26.vsd to 0_26.pdf with Aspose.Diagram. Pease find error point with 0_26_00000001.jpg,

-Font type unmatch

The font setting of _26.vsd is as below.

-Font test1: Latin text: [Use Asian text font]

Asian text [HGS創英角ポップ]

-Font test2: Latin text: [HGS創英角ポップ]

Asian text [MS Pゴシック]

For your information, I have attached a PDF(0_26_SaveAsVisio.pdf) which is created by SaveAs of Visio.

This is my code.

------------

public static MemoryStream ConvertDocumentToPdfStream(string docName, MemoryStream docStream)

{

MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();

try

{

// Instantiate the License class

Aspose.Diagram.License license = new Aspose.Diagram.License();

license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);

// Convert .ppt and .pptx file to PDF.

Diagram diagram = new Diagram(docStream);

diagram.Save(pdfStream, Aspose.Diagram.Saving.SaveOptions.CreateSaveOptions(SaveFileFormat.PDF));

return pdfStream;

}

finally

{

}

}

------------

Thank you,

PFU DSOL2

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support. When we converted your source VSD drawing to PDF using Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.4.1 API and Microsoft Visio application, the output PDF documents are different from yours and we have attached our output PDF documents to this reply. Kindly recheck and let us know if you can generate the same PDF documents (which you have already shared). If so, then please share complete details of your environment, including the version of Aspose.Diagram API, Microsoft Visio application (name and edition) and some other handy information which help to replicate the problem.

However, we noticed a difference of font applied to the text “Font Test1”. It has been logged under the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51246 in our bug tracking system. We have also linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

PS, please refer to the download of latest version 17.4.1: Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.4.1

Hello team,

Thank you for your support.

I have attached my output PDF and image using Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.5.0.

I see the same issue occurres.

Thank you,

PFU DSOL2

Hi,

Thank you for the details. There is a shape text with font name “HGP創英角ポップ体”, kindly send us your font file. We will investigate and share our findings with you. Your response is awaited.

Hello team,

I am afraid I can not offer “HGP創英角ポップ体” because it is preinstall font into PC made by Japan by Microsoft.

You may be able to download from the following site. Please try it.

https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/download/details.aspx?id=13459

When “Font settings” of Visio as belows

Latin text: “ASIAN FONT A”
Asian text: “ASIAN FONT B”

Aspose API prioritize Asian text “ASIAN FONT B” however MS Visio prioritize Latin text “ASIAN FONT A”.

I hope Aspose should work as with MS Visio.
If you cannot get “HGP創英角ポップ体”, you may be able to reproduce similar phenomenon if you have other asian fonts.
I think so.

Thank you,
PFU DSOL2

Hi,

Thank you for the details. We can notice a difference in fonts and have logged details against the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51246. We will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

@PFU.DSOL2,

In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51246, when you will install this font, and then save drawing to the PDF format with Microsoft Visio. You will find that the font is equal to the PDF’s font saved by Aspose.Diagram API. Kindly let us know how that goes into your environment.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hello team,

Both fonts are installed in my environment and same phenomenon that Aspose API prioritize Asian text “ASIAN FONT B” however MS Visio prioritize Latin text “ASIAN FONT A” happens.

Thank you,
PFU DSOL2

@PFU.DSOL2,
We have logged this information under the same ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51246 and will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regards.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@PFU.DSOL2,
Thank you for being patient. The ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51246 has been resolved. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.8 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you once the new version is published.

Please check the PDFs saved by Microsoft Visio and Aspose.Diagram API:
MS_Visio_Out.pdf (42.2 KB)
AsposeOutput.pdf (17.4 KB)

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hello team,
I have checked the PDF files. It seems OK.
Thank you,
PFU DSOL2

@PFU.DSOL2,
Thank you for the confirmation. We will notify you once the new version 17.8 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API is published.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@PFU.DSOL2,
In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51246, please download and try the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.7.1. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hello team,

I have checked in my 17.7.1 environment and it goes well.

Thank you,
PFU DSOL2

@PFU.DSOL2,
The ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51246 has been fixed. Please download and try the new version 17.8 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique