Fonts missing when embedding pdf into Word

Hi,

This is my first time posting on Aspose.com - hope I'm posting in the right forum. I have a couple of issues with fonts and wondering if someone can assist me. We're using .NET and Aspose.Pdf.Kit to embed pdf files into Word documents.

I started with an Excel file (created in Excel 2007) and converted it to pdf using the File - Save As command. I then used Aspose.Pdf.Kit to embed the pdf into a Word doc. There were four fonts used in the original Excel file - Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri, and Courier New. When the pdf was created all the fonts appeared correctly and the letters in every word were visible. However, once that pdf was embedded into the Word doc, it removed the letter "i" from any words using TNR font (note: the "i" is visible for TNR Bold and Italic fonts, just not for regular TNR). I had the same result when starting off with an Excel 2003 file.

When the same source file is used and is converted to pdf using the Adobe plug-in toolbar in Excel, we get a different result in the generated Word doc. The TNR fonts all appear fine yet anything in Courier New is completely missing (note that anything in CN Bold and Italic appears, just not regular CN).

I am confused why the fonts appear in the pdf document yet not in the Word document. All of the fonts I've listed are installed on my computer - they are all standard fonts. Embedding the pdf into Word using Aspose is pretty straightforward - but is there something else I need to do when embedding it? Do I need to specify that I want to carry over certain fonts from the pdf?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Renee,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I’m afraid, I couldn’t understand the issue properly. Can you please help me understand the problem with the help of a small sample along with the related files?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hi,

I just created a sample program and could not duplicate the problem. I then realized it was because the program was using the latest Aspose.Pdf.Kit dll. So, I put the dll into our test environment and it appears we are no longer experiencing these font issues. It must have been a bug that was fixed in the latest version.

Thanks again!