Fonts usage information

Hello,
we need to understand very well how Aspose Cells works with fonts.

The documentation page How to Specify TrueType Fonts Location|Documentation explains how Aspose Cells get the Fonts by default or how we can customize it to get fonts through a specific directory.
The other page How to Install TrueType Fonts on Linux|Documentation explains how install the TrueType fonts on Linux.

Our scenario involves usage of Font Calibri that is not included into “ttf-mscorefonts-installer” and Microsoft told us that is not possible install it on Linux servers due to licensing violations.

In these cases, how does Aspose Cells work? Does it used a default font similar to the Calibri if it exists in the font location? What does it mean “similar” for Aspose?

We have done some tests but without success. It seems that if the fonts Calibri is not present, then it does not work fine for us.

Another question:

Our application is multitenant, can the font location be changed based on tenant?
We don’t understand if the font location could be changed at runtime.

Thanks,

Giulio

@giulio.andolfi,

Please see the document on configuring fonts, this will help you on how Aspose.Cells uses fonts and how to specify fonts folder when rendering spreadsheets. Also, it will explain the fonts substitution mechanism if a font is not available so you may replace it with available font.
https://docs.aspose.com/cells/java/configuring-fonts-for-rendering-spreadsheets/

Hope, this helps a bit.

Hello @amjad.sahi,
your information have helped us to understand how Aspose Cells works with fonts.
We have applied the font mechanism to our code and now works as we want.
Many thanks.

@giulio.andolfi,
You are welcome. I’m glad your issue has been solved. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Hello,
following my colleague’s thread, I’d like to understand how the FontConfigs.setFontSubstitutes works.
In the guide article you posted, there’s a sort of algorithm Configuring Fonts for Rendering Spreadsheets|Documentation with 1 to 6 steps, how the font substitutes integrates with it?
Thanks,
Federico Mameli

@federico.mameli,

When you use FontConfigs.setFontSubstitutes API, it will take precedence and it won’t integrate with fonts selection process/algorithm (as mentioned in those 6 bullets).