FontSubstitution issue - data is not visible

Hi,

The attached docx file uses font ‘Sommet’ that is missing. It is substituted with ‘Arial Unicode MS’.
The problem is that part of the text is no longer visible. see "FontSubst - data not visible.p1.png"

Tested with Aspose.Words 17.6.

Best Regards,
Vassil

Hi Vassil,

Thanks for your inquriy. It seems your source document has the issue, as subjected text is not visible in the document. If we render it to PDF using MS Word then text is missing as well. However, if there is some difference in my understanding and your issue then please share some more details. We will further look into the issue and will provide you information accordingly.

Best Regards,

I’ve saved the file as PDF using MS Word 2013 and the result is looking fine. see “FontSubst - by MS Word.pdf”.

While the PDF produced by Aspose.Words is not OK. The text is not visible. see "FontSubst - by Aspose.Words.pdf"

My code looks like this:
var doc = new Document(input);
doc.Save(output, new PdfSaveOptions { PageIndex = 0, PageCount = 1 });

So, I can’t understand where is the issue in my source document.

Best Regards,
Vassil

Hi Vassil,

Thanks for your feedback. We have tested the scenario with Aspose.Words for .NET 17.6 and we are unable to notice the reported issue. Please download and try latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET, it will resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

If you check the PDF Producer of the attached by me PDF you will see:

"Aspose.Words for .NET 17.6"
In my post I’ve also written that the version is Aspose.Words 17.6.

So, looks like the difference is in the environment.

My OS is MS Windows 10. I am using Aspose.Words for .Net 4.0.
The FontSubstitution message is:
- "Font ‘Sommet’ has not been found. Using ‘Arial Unicode MS’ font instead.
Reason: closest match according to font info from the document."

Is this the same as in your environment?
Any other suggestions? - different from downloading 17.6 again?

Best Regards,
Vassil

Hi Vassil,

Thanks for your feedback. I apologize, I missed your version information. I am getting different FontSubstitution warning at my system due to availability of other closest font . However, we have logged a ticket WORDSNET-15481 in our issue tracking system for further investigation of the issue and its rectification. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

"Font substitution: Font ‘Sommet’ has not been found. Using ‘Carlito’
font instead. Reason: closest match according to font info from the document.
"

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

@DWProject

Thanks for your patience. We have further investigated the scenario and noticed it is not a bug. The problem with overflowed text cannot be solved via font substitution mechanism. Both Aspose.Words and MS Word do not consider font line spacing and char width when selecting font substitution. The fact is that text do not overflow with MS Word substitution is a pure coincidence. On different MS Word version or on different machine with another set of installed fonts text still can be overflowed.

To get the consistent result you should either install the required fonts or change the font to the proper one in the document or set up FontSubstitutes.

Thanks for this information!
I will have it in mind.

Best Regards,
Vassil