Footnote numbering when merging documents

Hello,

Can footnote numbers be preserved during document merge? In our situation we merge several documents and each of them has a single footnote. After the merge footnotes are number 1,2,3,…I tried to set footnote numbering as “Restart each section” or “Restart each page” but I does not have any affect.

Thanks

A follow up question: How to merge several independent documents so their style, header/footer, footnotes, etc. are preseved? Here is the code that I use for merge:

protected internal static void AppendDoc(Document dstDoc, Document srcDoc)
{
    for (int i = 0; i < srcDoc.Sections.Count; i++)
    {
        //First need to import the section into the destination document,
        //this translates any document specific lists or styles.
        Section section = (Section)dstDoc.ImportNode(srcDoc.Sections[i], true, ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting);
        dstDoc.Sections.Add(section);
    }
}

Thanks

Hi
Thanks for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem. I have logged this problem to our defect database as issue # 4282. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks).
Best regards.

Thanks Alexey.
I just want to emphasize that ability to merge different documents is an important part of our application and we are getting close to release date. Can we expect a fix or workaround within a week or two?

Thanks

Hi
Unfortunately, at the moment I can’t tell you whether it is done within two weeks.
Best regards.

Is there a way we can escalate the issue?

Thanks

Hi
We will notify you as soon as it is done.
Best regards.

Alexey,

I’ve noticed one more thing that may or may not be related. Here is the scenario:
Document 1 has a first page header and footer (1 section).
Document 2 has neither header no footer (1 section)
When I merge them together result document has 2 sections and both sections have header and footer from the Document 1.

Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your request. This occurs because headers and footers are linked to the corresponding headers and footers in the previous section. See the following link for more information.
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/headerfootercollection/linktoprevious/
Best regards.

Yep. That solved a header/footer problem. Thank for your help

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4282) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by alexey.noskov.