FootNotes are missing when converting from word to pdf

Hello,
I am converting a word document to pdf using Aspose and footnotes/Notes in the word document are missing when it is converted to a pdf document. Please find below the code and attached you a sample document.

public string SaveAsPDF(Aspose.Words.Document document, FileInfo file)
{
    string DirName = Utils.GetKeyValue(AppConstants.OutputFolderPathKey);
    string fileName = DirName + file.Name;
    fileName = fileName.Replace(file.Extension, AppConstants.PDF);
    if (!Directory.Exists(DirName))
        Directory.CreateDirectory(DirName);
    Aspose.Words.Rendering.PdfOptions pdfOPtions = new Aspose.Words.Rendering.PdfOptions();
    pdfOPtions.IsPreserveFormFields = true;
    document.SaveToPdf(0, document.PageCount, fileName, pdfOPtions);

return fileName;
}

Please guide me:
Thanks
Harish

Hi Kusuma,
Thanks for your request. At the moment foot notes are not supported by Aspose.Words. We are working on implementing them right at the moment. This feature will most likely be available in 4-6 weeks. We will keep you informed about any developments regarding this issue.
Thanks,

Hi Kusuma,

Thank you for your inquiry. Actually, the latest version already partially supports rendering of footnotes. Please see Aspose.Words 9.0.0 release notes to learn more:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

I read the answer from your colleague that footnote support will be available in 4-6 weeks. The latest estimate on March 29 by Roman Korchagin was that it would be available in 1 to 1.5 month (see Word Footnote when it will be available?), which is about now. Does the new estimate by Adam mean that it will not be included in the next release?

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi

Thanks for your request. Currently this issue is scheduled on the upcoming release, which will come out in a week or two, but the issue is still not closed.
I think the information provided in the following blog could be useful for you:
https://blog.aspose.com/2010/04/08/the-rendering-fidelity-of-footnotes
By the way, have you tried using the latest version of Aspose.Words?
Best regards.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I read the blog and it gave me a better understanding of all the complexeties. As I wrote earlier in response to the blog it’s very acceptable for me if not all of the complex scenario’s from the blog are solved. Most of my footnotes are fairly simple. So I’m looking forward to the new build.

Best regards, Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for additional information. We will let you know once the build, which includes this feature, comes out.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

I downloaded the latest version of Aspose.Words and saw that the footnote functionality is very much improved. Thanks for that.
The only thing that is missing in my document is the horizontal ruler above the footnote. Is there an option to show this ruler?

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you are right, there are a lot of improvements in footnote rendering. However, footnotes and endnotes are still not fully supported. The issue is still opened in our defect database and we will further work on this issue.
Unfortunately, currently there is no way to display ruler.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6799) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(40)