Footnotes texts are overloaded when converting .docx to doc

Hello,

I’m using Aspose.Words for java v13.1.0 and I have an issue related to word footnotes.
I have a docx format document with multiple an different footnotes, for example :

Here is the example text1 in one page
1 : First text

Here is an another text2 in other page
2 : Second text

When i convert my document to word .doc format using code :

Document document = new Document("…/in.docx");
document.save("…/out.doc");

The result in doc become :

Here is the example text1 in one page
1 : Second text

Here is an another text2 in other page
2 : Second text

The last footnote text value overload all footnotes texts whereas numbering is ok.

Thanks for your support.

Hi Oxand,

Thanks for your inquiry. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.1.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I am already using the last version of Aspose.Words. My files are joined to the post.

I can explain a little more my issue :

1) I’m using an other tool to complete a docx template with merged fields, an intermediate docx file is created by this other tool. This file seams ok when I opened it with Word, are footnotes are in document and viewable in “references section”.

2) I use Aspose to convert the .docx file to .doc format, but Aspose doesn’t see these differents footnotes, only one (the last) is read by aspose when I log all footnotes to console. When the conversion is done i see the last footnotes applied to all footnotes references, others are overwritten.

Document document = new Document("…\footnotes.docx");
document.save("…\footnotes-out.doc");

Best regards,

Adem

I found the bug, my other tools generate the intermediate docx with same id values for all footnotes in footnotes.xml and same reference identifiers in document.xml. Word catch and correct the issue silently when the file is opened and resaved.

Best regards,

Hi Oxand,

Thanks for sharing the details.

It is nice to hear from you that you have found the issue. Yes, the Docx file has same ID for all footnotes in footnotes.xml. This causes the issue in output file. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.