Foreign Language appears as square boxes

Hello,
I have been trying to convert docx file to pdf and ran into issues of certain font languages are appearing square boxes. I have license for 19.9 version of Aspose word and encountering this issue. I have also trued Aspose.word latest library 20.12 and got the same results.

I am attaching sample solution for reference.Aspose_19_09_sample.zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose_20_12_sample.zip (5.9 MB)
screen_shot_1.jpg (167.4 KB)

Thanks,
Parthiban

@parthiban.natarajan,

For the proper rendering of this Word DOCX document, please make sure that the following Font files are installed on your machine (see Using TrueType Fonts and Manipulating and Substitution TrueType Fonts):

• Arial
  • Microsoft YaHei
  • MS PGothic
  • Calibri
  • Malgun Gothic
  • Times New Roman
  • DaunPenh
  • Nyala
  • Leelawadee UI
  • Gulim

In case the problem still remains, then please ZIP and attach the following Font files here for further testing:

• Nyala
  • Gulim

We will then investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

Hi Hafeez,

I reviewed my system windows fonts settings. I Installed suggested fonts nyala regular and gulim regular. The issue still exist. I am attaching font files here for reference. NYALA_GULIM.zip (5.2 MB)

Thank you,
Parthiban

@parthiban.natarajan,

Please also try installing the 'Arial Unicode MS’ font file on your machine where you are performing DOCX to PDF conversion by using Aspose.Words. You may download it from following link:

Do you see any Fonts related warning messages during conversion?

Please also provide Aspose.Words 20.12 generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for further testing.

Hi Hafeez,

Thank you. Installing 'Arial Unicode MS’ font resolved issue with language specific text. I appreciate your effort to resolving the issue.

Regards,
Parthiban

@parthiban.natarajan,

It is great that you were able to resolve this issue on your end. Please let us know any time you may have any further queries in future.

A post was split to a new topic: Foreign Language appears as square boxes after converting msg to pdt