Foreign language fonts

Hello,
I want to identify text in the MS Word document if there are any fonts used which have foreign language scripts. Is there a way to identify them?

Thanks,
Varun

@varun.arora,

Please ZIP and upload a sample Word document containing the text (formatted with foreign language scripts) that you want to identify here for our reference. Please also share the screenshot highlighting the text that you want to extract. We will then investigate the scenario on our end and provide you more information.

I received the document today. Its doesn’t seem to be font and seems to be a shape.
I want to identify these characters if present in document or not.
Logo_only_sample_permanente.zip (16.3 KB)

I also want to create documents with these shape characters later on to test in customer’s tool.

Thanks,
Varun

@varun.arora,

This is not plain text. MS Word treats them as Drawings. Can you meet this requirement by using MS Word? If yes, then please also list the complete steps that you performed in MS Word to extract such text from drawings on your end. We will then start further investigation into your particular scenario and provide you code to achieve the same by using Aspose.Words.

I guess these are custom shapes that our customer’s custom editor is not able to figure out.
The documents were prepared by someone at customer itself way in the past so its hard to find out what were the steps taken to create these features.

It could have been copy pasted from somewhere else to MS Word.
But one thing so far we are sure that these are Custom Shape (ShapeType.CustomShape) and we will be suggesting customer to use a single image instead of these small small custom shapes to build single image. That’s one of the way to avoid CustomShape document for their editor.

That’s our recommendation. What do you recommend?

@varun.arora,

The word document (Logo_only_sample_permanente.docx) you provided contains custom shapes and I can visually identify the following string of text:

• PERMANENTE

Do you want Aspose.Words to programmatically extract above string of text from those Shapes (in .txt format)? Please elaborate your inquiry further by providing complete details of your use case. This will help us to understand your scenario, and we will be in a better position to address your concerns accordingly.