Form and ActiveX objects are duplicated when saving XLSB format

I am populating Excel templates using Aspose.Cells and the buttons (and other control objects) on the sheet get duplicated when the file is saved with the xlsb format. It does not seem to happen when using xlsm files. This does not usually cause a problem, but randomly, the duplicate objects will not be on top of each other and this causes the click to not work. The attached files show how a xlsb file that is opened and then saved with a new name creates duplicate objects. Clicking “Button 1” on Sheet1 will show the additional objects created after the java is run. Any help in preventing this duplication is appreciated. I would prefer not to have to change to using xlsm files.

Thanks

xlsbObjectCorruption.zip (38.3 KB)

@terryr1,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-43125 - Form and ActiveX objects are duplicated

@terryr1,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-43125”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@terryr1,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v20.1.11 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
aspose-cells-20.1.11-java.zip (6.8 MB)

Thank you for the quick response and fix. My initial test shows that this does indeed correct the issue. I will work with the rest of our team to incorporate the fix into the greater project and confirm that it works with more complicated Excel files. Again, thanks for the great service.

Rick

@terryr1,

You are welcome. And, take your time to evaluate the new fix/version. Hopefully, it will pass your test cases.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43125) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v20.2. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui