Form.FillField() method inserts extra spaces

I tried to fill text fields with some Japanese characters using Form.FillField() like this:

Form form = new PdfForm("template.pdf", "work.pdf");
form.FillField("UserNum", "(some Japanese text)");
form.FillField("UserName", "(some Japanese text)");
form.Save();

FormEditor formEditor = new FormEditor("work.pdf", "output.pdf");
formEditor.SetFieldAlignment("UserNum", FormFieldFacade.AlignLeft);

I intended to align text fields to the left in this code snippet, but in the output.pdf it seems to be added some spaces (hidden characters?) before text data in every text fields. When I click text fields, this weird spaces disapper. This symptom does not happen if I edit template.pdf directly.

Please help to figure out how to avoid this extra spaces. I am using pdf.kit 3.5.0.0 on XP SP3 Japanese culture.

Hi Yosuke,

I have logged this issue as PDFKITNET-10213 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will be looking into the matter and you’ll be updated via this forum as the issue is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

Any progress about this issue?

One thing I missed to inform you about this issue. Extra spaces preceding form field data filled by pdf.kit was unicode surrogate pair (FFDB FFDE).

regards,

Hi Yosuke,

Thank you very much for sharing the additional information. I hope this will help. However, I’m sorry to inform you that this issue is not yet resolved. Our team is investigating the issue in detail and you’ll be updated as we have some concrete information.

We appreciate your patience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10213) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)
Hi,
I tested 3.9 on .net 1.1 environment, but this case does not seems to be fixed.
Pdf.kit still puts unseen chars (DBFF DEFF) into PDF form fields.

Hi Yosuke,

We’re investigating this issue at our end and you’ll be updated the earliest possible.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

Any update? Do you need error information about this case?

regards

Hi Yosuke,

I would like to inform you that this issue is resolved at our end. The fix will be available in our upcoming release due at the end of this month - December 2009.

If you have any other questions, please do let us know.
Regards,