Format Changes on saving xlsx to pdf in Aspose

Hi,

When we create a excel file and save as PDF in Microsoft office there is no change in format whereas when trying to save xlsx file in PDF in aspose font style gets changed.Kindly help us in resoving the issue.

Regards,

Geetha

Hi Geetha,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please give a try to latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and see if the latest build resolves your problem. In case the problem persists, please share your template file for our review. We will quickly look into it to provide further assistance in this regard.

Please also try by calling the CellsHelper.setFontDir(“path to font directory”); at the start of your application. Hopefully, the problem of font style will be resolved by explicitly setting the font directory as stated above.

Hi,

Thank you Babar.

We are trying to save the excel file in PDF format using Workbook.save(out,FileFormatType.PDF);There was no performance issue when we were using Aspose 7.1.1.0 version but there was some format issues.As per your suggestion ,on moving to 7.6.1 version all pdf format issues got fixed.But it takes more than 3 min to generate PDF file.

Kindly help us in resoving the issue ASAP.

Regards,

Geetha

Hi Geetha,

Thank you for your response.

Your presented scenario could be template specific, because a larger spreadsheet will take longer time for conversion where as smaller spreadsheet file will be converted in no time. If you are using the same spreadsheet to check the performance difference between the component versions 7.1.1 and 7.6.1 of Aspose.Cells for Java then please share the sample with us, so we could analyze the said issue on our end and log it in our bug tracking system for further investigation.

Hi Babar,

Please find the sample template attached.We are trying to save this excel book in pdf format using Workbook.save(out,FileFormatType.PDF); But it takes more than 3 min to generate the file in Aspose Cells for Java 7.6.1 version. Kindly help us in resolving the issue ASAP.

Regards,

Geetha

Hi Geetha,

Thank you for providing your sample.

I have evaluated your presented performance issue while using the latest build of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.6.1.3. I was able to convert your provided sample to PDF in less than 20 seconds. My sample source is provided below,

Java

Workbook book = new Workbook(myDir + “Sample+Excel+Report.xlsx”);
book.save(myDir + “output.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

I would suggest you to give the latest version (attached) a try on your end and feed us back with your results.

Thank u Babar.The issue got resolved on using JDK 1.5 Aspose Jar.

But on generating PDF, there is a isssue with margin .On saving the xlsx file to pdf manually,there is no marginal issues.Whereas on generating PDF using aspose,There is a margin issue in Pg 5.

Kindly find the attached files for reference and help us in resolving ASAP.

Sample_Excel_longo_manually.pdf-is a file saved manually

Output.pdf -is the file generated through aspose.

Hi Geetha,

Thank you for providing us your sample.

We are able to observe the problem of margins while processing your provided spreadsheet with latest build of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.6.1.4. PDF file generated with Aspose.Cells for .NET didn’t include Left and Right margins for page 5. Please find the attachment for my output file.

A ticket (CELLSNET-42227) has been logged in our bug tracking system to probe further into this matter. Please spare us little time to analyze the problem cause, and to provide a fix at earliest. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates.

Hi Babar,

Any updates on above issue?

fyi,

We use Aspose Cells for Java.Kindly provide us with the solution ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Geetha

Hi Geetha,

Thank you for writing back.

As you may already know that Aspose.Cells for Java product is ported out from Aspose.Cells for .NET, therefore any problem in Java version of the product is first fixed in .NET version, and fixed code is ported out as Java component.

I have now connected this thread to the appropriate ticket (CELLSJAVA-40695) from Java space, as I was able to replicate the issue with Aspose.Cells for Java 7.6.1.4. Please note, we are already analyzing the problem in .NET perspective. As soon as we have any updates, we will post here for your kind reference.

Please accept my apology for your inconvenience.

Hi Babar,

Any update on the above issue?

Kindly let us know ASAP .

Thanks & Regards,

Geetha

Hi Geetha,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Currently, there is no update for you and your issue is pending for analysis. However, we have logged your comment in our database for development team to provide some ETA or update for this issue. Please spare us some time. Once, we will have a fix or any other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40695) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.