We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Format messed up when converting from Word to PDF

Hi,

I’m using Aspose Words version 6.0 for ASP.NET to convert from Word to PDF but the format is coming out messed up.

// convert docx to pdf
Document document = new Document(path + “.docx”);
document.Save(path + “.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

I’ve attached an example of the file I’m converting.

Aspose Words was bought prior to when I started with the company so it may be that we’re missing a patch or similar. Any help appreciated.

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Perhaps, you are using an older version of Aspose.Words; as with Aspose.Words v14.6.0, I am unable to reproduce this problem on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v14.6.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help. I have attached the output Pdf file with this post for your kind reference.

Yes as stated in my post I am using version 6.0 and have tried version 6.5 with the same result. Upgrading to the latest version will cost $1798 which is excessive for fixing an issue converting Word to PDF.

Can you tell me if this is fixed in version 8.0 as that is the latest version we have a license for?

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have found another issue while converting Docx to Pdf using Aspose.Words v8.0. In your case, I suggest you please resave your document using MS Word and use Aspose.Words to convert document to Pdf. This will fix the issue which you are facing.

Hi Tahir,

I’ve tried re-saving the document but it hasn’t made a difference. It was Aspose.Words that created this document, I start with a dotx template file which Aspose.Words populates with some merge fields. Then convert to PDF.

Are you saying this issue was still there as far as version 8?

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words v8.0 throws exception while loading 20.docx into Aspose.Words DOM. That was the reason I suggested you to resave the document using MS Word.

Please note that every new release of Aspose components comes up with some new features, enhancements in the existing features and bug fixes. We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Aspose components as it contains newly introduced features, enhancements and fixes to the issues that are reported earlier.

I suggest you please use the latest version of Aspose.Words v14.6.0. Please let us know if you have any more queries.