We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Format Smart Markers (shift)

ShiftFormat.zip (7.6 KB)

I am using SmartMarkers to generate a grid of values. I’m using the (horizontal) parameter. I want to use (Shift) as well, but this causes style issues. (Shift) avoids creating other issues in the template.

If I don’t use Shift, the style from the base cell is copied. It is not copied when using Shift. The (copystyle) parameter has no effect in this case.

In the attached example A4…F8 is the desired output, and A12…F16 is the (shift) output.

I have tried to circumvent this with Conditional Formatting or a Named Range, but both suffer from a similar issue when using (Shift).

Please advise.
Brian

@bstuba,
You may please share your simplified runnable sample code and template files for our reference. We will reproduce the issue here and provide assistance accordingly.

Attached. Please note the desired output on sheet “Desired”.SmartMarkers.zip (18.6 KB)

@bstuba,
We have observed the issue and logged it in our database for further investigation. We will write back here once any update is ready to share.

This issue is logged as under:
CELLSNET-47573 - Unable to produce desired formatting using shift

@bstuba,

1. There is an issue that the fill format of the range A35:B37 is lost, we will fix it soon.
  2. We could not apply the style to the range of shared formula, because if shifting smart marker is added, we only can insert a range and apply the style to inserted range. So please set the style by yourself, see the following codes:
    cells[“C33”].SetSharedFormula(“c$32*$b33”, 5, 5);
    Range source = cells.CreateRange(“C33”,“G33”);
    Range dest = cells.CreateRange(“C34”, “G37”);
    PasteOptions options = new PasteOptions();
    options.PasteType = PasteType.Formats;
    dest.Copy(source,options);

@bstuba,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.8.5:

Aspose.Cells20.8.5 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.8.5 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47573) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.9. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi
You may also get the new version @ nuget repos. (https://www.nuget.org/packages/Aspose.Cells/20.9.0)