Formatted Annotations

We are wanting to add formatting to our text annotations. For example, the first line of the annotation would be bold, underlined and centered. On the second line, the first few characters would be bold as to show a label and the remaining line would just be regular text. The entire annotation would have a color border. I am trying the free text annotations and am not seeing what I need. Is what we are wanting doable, any help, etc. that I should be looking at. Thanks.

Update: we are able to create the desired annotations using Adobe and then export the annotations using ExportAnnotationsXfdf, but when the annotations are imported using ImportAnnotationFromXfdf() all the formatting is lost.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate if you please share a sample PDF document to understand your requirements. So we will look into it and will provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Zip file attached. Annotate2.pdf contains an example annotation we are looking for. Annotations.xfdf contains the exported annotation. Output.pdf is the pdf to which the annotation is imported. When it is imported, all the formatting is lost.

We don’t have to import the annotation and I would rather just create the annotation directly but I don’t see how to format the individual text components.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for providing additional information. Currently, Aspose.Pdf doesn’t support different formatting within annotation contents but as a whole. We have logged an enhancement ticket as PDFNEWNET-36689 for your requirements. We will notify you as soon as it is implemented.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,