Formatting Issue with Aspose.Words PDF Generation after Upgrading to Aspose.Words 23.4.0

Hello Aspose Support,

We recently upgraded our project to DotNet6, including all related libraries. However, we have encountered a formatting issue when generating PDF files using Aspose.Words.

Prior to the upgrade, we were using Aspose.Words version 18.10.0. In the PDF files generated from documents containing tables, the columns were properly formatted with appropriate widths. However, after upgrading to Aspose.Words version 23.4.0, all the columns in the generated PDF files are cramped together, resulting in a formatting problem.

We have verified that there have been no changes made to the document files themselves. It is worth mentioning that the tables in the documents have the same formatting issue, but the older version of Aspose.Words was able to automatically fix the formatting issues with the tables. Unfortunately, the later version seems to have stopped automatically fixing the formats.

Here is a code snippet of how we are generating the PDF files:

var document = new Aspose.Words.Document(generatedDocumentPath);
// save in different formats
Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();
string pdfDocumentPath = generatedDocumentPath.Replace(".docx", ".pdf");
document.Save(pdfDocumentPath, saveOptions);

Our objective is to use the latest version of Aspose.Words (23.4.0) to generate PDF files from Word documents while preserving the proper formatting of tables with correctly sized columns.

We kindly request your guidance on resolving this formatting issue. Any sample code or specific settings that need to be applied would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

@ezdevzhang Could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Thanks for the reply. Please find the test files in the attachment.TestFiles.zip (254.1 KB)

@ezdevzhang
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25689

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

PS: The document is somehow damaged, I cannot switch to print layout in MS Word or convert the document to PDF using MS Word.

Thanks for the update. I am contacting with our infra team to check if our subscription include Paid Support Services.

Please let me know if more information is needed.

“PS: The document is somehow damaged, I cannot switch to print layout in MS Word or convert the document to PDF using MS Word.”
It is not working on our end either.

@ezdevzhang Our development team will analyze the problem with this document. We will keep you updated and let you know once the issue is resolved or we have more information for you.