Formatting Issue With Aspose Words

Hi,

We've run into a critical issue with Aspose.words v14.2.0.0.

Attatchments: The input file is Agenda.doc. The output is Agenda.pdf.

Code:

var doc = new words.Document(Filename);
doc.Save(paramExportFilePath, words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Could you please supply a hotfix or a workaround? This might hold up our launch!

Thanks!

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the list formatting issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-9936. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Could you please supply a workaround? Like I mentioned in my OP, this is a critical issue that is delaying a product launch.

Thanks in advance.

Here are some other things I noticed:

1. The issue is sometimes reproducable with docx, but docx seems more stable.
  2. If I use MS Word to open the doc I attached in my OP and then save as docx, the Aspose issue does not manifest.
  3. If I use Aspose to save the attached .doc as docx, the issue is still present. I see this as meaning that Aspose's conversion algorithm is not completely accurate.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have converted the shared Doc file into Docx file format using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 14.2.0 and have not found the shared issue. I have attached the output Docx with this post for your kind reference.

As a workaround, please open the input document in MS Word, add one letter (e.g single space), resave it through MS Word and then convert the document to Pdf using Aspose.Words. Hope this helps you.

Hi,

Thanks, but I need a programmatic workaround. If I could use MS Word to convert my docs, I wouldn't need Aspose - I'd just save as PDF. :-)

In fact, if you read my post above, you'll see that I mentioned that a docx from MS Word did not manifest this bug.

Please provide the code for a 100% programmatic workaround.

Thanks!
Rich

Hi Rich,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no programmatic workaround available for this issue. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9936) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.8 update also available on NuGet.