Formatting not retained while creating .ppt from excel template in Java

I'm trying to save a excel workbook template as a powerpoint presentation. The background color of grey colored cells in the tables in the excel sheets are not retained as such. They become black instead. How do we retain formatting?

Thanks

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version/fix.

If you still find the issue, kindly create a sample code and post us with all the details to reproduce the issue, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad. But I still find the isseu with the provided jar.

I have attached the sample code and the template xls. I'm using Java 5.

Thanks

Hi,

I have found the issue after an initial test. I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-14855. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

This issue is due to the fact the background color is not in workbook’s palette.
Now, we have supported to choose one color from palette that is nearest to the
custom color when saving excel2003 file. Please try the new
fix (attached).

Thank you.

Thank you for the fix.

I did try out the new jar file and the ppt that was generated had white background instead of the gray from the template excel file. Previously we used to get black, so this is a great improvement. :-)

I understand this is because the workbook palette does not have this gray color. How do I make sure it has the gray color? Can we do something to acheive this? If I used Red instead of gray that stays in the ppt, just some of the colors dont work.

Thanks again

Hi,

Yes, the colors present in Excel 2003 color palette (e.g red, blue, green, yellow, black etc.) would be shown in the worksheet cells. But, if you use custom colors (as this is the case with you) they won’t be rendered but the nearest matching color would be applied.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.

When will this feature be available where the workbooks can support all the colors?

Thank you

Hi,

We will try to
support the feature before the end of this month.

Thank you.

Thank you for the update.

Hi,

Do you have an update on this issue?

Thank you

Hi,

We are working on it but require some extra time to complete it (since it is a bit complex).

We will notify you when the feature is supported.

Thanks for your understanding!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14855;14919) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

Do you have an update on the formatting problem faced where the excel pallete is not supported in the powerpoint conversion.

Thank you,

Priya

Hi,

Please try our latest version v2.2.1 and let us know if it works fine for your issues you mentioned in this thread.
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry238005.aspx

If you still find any issue, kindly do post your template files with sample code here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Somehow I'm not able to convert excel to ppt at all. I have attached the source code.

I'm using Aspose slides and Aspose Cells to do this.

Thank you,

Priya

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file with sample code.

After an initial test, I can find the issue for your .xlsx file. We will figure it out soon.

I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-17215.

Thank you.

Hi,

Do you have an update on this issue?

Thank you,

Priya

Hi,

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We are working on your issue, once it is figured out, we will provide you the fix.

Thanks for being patient!