Formatting of HTML

Hi,
I have written some code to process a Word document and save it as HTML, using Aspose.Words 5.0.2. The command I have used to save the document is awd.Save(“AsposeTest.HTM”, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Html). The resulting HTML text is then attached as the body of an e-mail and sent to an e-mail recipient
The resulting HTML document looks fine, but is filled with span tags. These tags are stripped out of mail messages by many browser-based e-mail systems (such as GMail, HotMail, etc).
When I do the same thing with Word 2003, the resulting HTML displays correctly in HotMail
Is this a known issue, and if not please can it be investigated? The application is now completed, and finding this unexpected issue has put a spanner in the works
Thanks

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. I tried using the following code and all works fine on my side.

// Convet DOC to HTML
Document doc = new Document(@"Test021\in.doc");
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\Message.html", SaveFormat.Html);
// Define required data
string email = "noskov.aleksey@gmail.com";
string fromEmail = "mymail@mail.ru";
string password = "mypassword";
string smtp = "smtp.mail.ru";
string subject = "Aspose test";
// Create MailDefinition
System.Web.UI.WebControls.MailDefinition mail = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.MailDefinition();
mail.IsBodyHtml = true;
mail.BodyFileName = @"C:\Temp\Message.html";
mail.From = fromEmail;
mail.Subject = subject;
// Create mail message
MailMessage mess = mail.CreateMailMessage(email, new ListDictionary(), new System.Web.UI.Control());
SmtpClient sender = new SmtpClient(smtp);
sender.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(fromEmail, password);
// Send email
sender.Send(mess);

Could you please provide me your code and document that will allow me to reproduce this issue? I will investigate this and provide you more information.
Best regards.

I tested with GMail and it worked fine. Tiscali WebMail does not work correctly, however. I am liaising with Tiscali and will let you know if I discover anything further.
Thanks again for your great customer support