FormFields and PDFs

Using your DocumentExplorer example code:-

I have inserted a couple of test FormFields into a new document using the InsertTextInput method, but when I save to pdf using the Save method (PdfExportFormFieldsAsText set to false), the form fields do not appear when I load the pdf in Adobe Reader. However, if I use the “legacy” save method, they do!

Any ideas why this is? I’m happy to use the legacy method, as long as it will continue to supported in future versions?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately new PDF converting method does not support form fields. We are going to support converting MS Word form fields to PDF form fields during converting document to PDF. This feature will be support in two or three months. I will notify you as soon as it is available.
Best regards,

Ok, no worries. I’ll just carry on using the legacy mode. It might be a good idea to specify that form fields are not supported by new save in the help somewhere, as it was pulling my hair out for an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong!!

Andrew,
I’ve been told that our next software update will hopefully be around this coming xmas time, and we plan on including Aspose Words to produce pdf and doc files with embedded form fields. However, we now have a situation where we cannot use Words to produce the pdf without also shipping the Pdf component, until you correct the issue. Can you give me a more specific date on when you expect to have a corrected version of Words available? Additionally, what are the licensing implications with having to ship the Pdf module along with the Words module? We do not want to have to buy the Pdf module just to correct a problem with your Words module, which hopefully you will have corrected within the next few months anyway.
Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Most likely Form Fields will be supported in PDF export in two months. I will notify you as soon as this feature is supported.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6798) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.