Formula Calculation issue with Version 21.6.0.0

Hi,

We recently upgraded Aspose version to version 21.6.0.0. We have reports with formula in excel template and while downloading the reports the formula does not calculate on opening the excel unless workbook.calculateformula is done explicitly.

But the same scenario was working fine without using workbook.calculateformula in previous version of Aspose version 20.6.0.0.

With version 20.6.0.0 ,while downloading the reports the formula does calculate on opening the excel.

Can you please check and let us know if this is a Aspose bug in version 21.6.0.0. This is creating a big impact in our project as we have to explicitly do workbook.calculateformula for the formulas to work.

Appreciate a quick response on this.

Thanks,
Guru

@santhoshsas,
There is no such information available that has caused this issue. You may please share a runnable console application that can be used to generate this Excel file here. We will reproduce this issue using both the versions and share our feedback accordingly.

Below is the code as I am not able to attach the ZIP file and I am attaching the file. Please run the code and check the formula cells in column “AE”. It is inconsistent as it did not work initially but started working after few tries.

Test.zip (11.6 KB)

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(strFileFullName);

// workbook.Settings.ReCalculateOnOpen = true;

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

workbook.Settings.ReCalculateOnOpen = true;

workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["c6"].Value = 1000;

workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["D6"].Value = 2000;

workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["E6"].Value = 2000;

var data = worksheet.Cells.MaxDataColumn;

I have an excel template. Please run the app and check if the formula in column AE.

@santhoshsas,
We will analyze this issue and share our feedback soon.

@santhoshsas,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v21.9.3 (attached):
Aspose.Cells21.9.3 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.9.3 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.9.3 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.6 MB)
(please choose any of the above version for your underlying .NET Framework solution)

I have tested using your sample code and it works fine. Please find attached the output file for your reference and check to open into MS Excel if it works or not.
files1.zip (12.3 KB)

Thanks Amjad. I will test and let you know.