Formula error when sheet name with bracket is used

Hi,

I am currently evaluating Aspose Cells, and I am more than astonished about the incredible performance: our previous (also commercial) excel library took about 20 minutes for creating a large excel sheet full of formulas. You manage it in a handful of seconds.

But it seems I found a bug: we have a sheet which has a “(” in it’s name and reference it in a formula (the sheet names are the first 31 chars of user specific data - any “strange” name might happen :wink: )

This is the formula (bold are the sheet names)
=‘784 - Kongresse und Events’!D5+‘774-779 - Vermietung Konzerte (’!D5

And this is the exception:
Aspose.Cells.CellsException occurred
Message=Error in Cell: D5-Invalid formula:"=‘784 - Kongresse und Events’!D5+‘774-779 - Vermietung Konzerte (’!D5".
Source=Aspose.Cells
StackTrace:
at ؐ.՜.੕(Cell ؗ, String ੗, Byte ੘, Boolean ਖ਼)
at Aspose.Cells.Cell.set_Formula(String value)

As it works when pasting the formula to excel, I assume it is a bug.

Take this as a test for your support - a quick response might increase our willingness to buy ;-).

Best regards

Wolfgang

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and interest in Aspose.Cells.

You have provided us the formula, but it will be better if you create a sample input file (xls/xlsx) with this formula using Ms-Excel manually and then post here.

Also, it will be helpful if you provide a sample code too. I assume you get this exception while creating workbook object.

Attached is a sample. Start it, click the button and see the exception raise ;-).

Sorry, normally it is not my style to report bugs without a sample, but I was in a hurry.

Wolfgang

Hi,

Thanks for posting your sample project.

I was able to reproduce this issue with the latest version. We have logged this issue in our database and will get back to you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-28781.

Hi,

this exception also occurs when using a closing bracket “)”.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Hi,

Thanks for your further input. I have added your comment so that it could also be fixed.

Hi,

Please try the fix below.

Please download: Aspose.Cell for .NET v6.0.0.3

Whow, that was a fast fix! It works now.

Best regards

Wolfgang

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 28781) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.