Formula not resolving negative numbers if the negative sign is in front of the dollar sign

We have a document that is using table formulas in Word to sum up columns, etc. When a value is a negative number it is not recognizing it as a number and stopping the calculation for a SUM(ABOVE) if the negatvie sign is in front of the dollar sign.

Example.

-$1,234.56 <--- Does not compute

$-1,234.56 <--- Does work

+$1,234.56 <--- Does work

The problem is the handling of the negative sign. The plus sign does not seem to be a problem in front of the dollar sign.

Is there some way to make this work?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 11.7.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words and let us know how it goes on your side?You can download it from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

The Document.UpdateField method works perfectly on my side. In case the problem still remains, could you please attach your sample Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue further and provide you more information.

Best Regards,