Formula values

hello ,

this is swapna. now got big problem in formula values. previously i mentioned this. but you told that what we are geeting those values are same as in Excel . But those values are not same as Excel. Iam sending one demo project and one Excel sheet. please compare the values generating in Grid with that Excel sheet. i have enterd two rows from Excel sheet in grid(from top two rows). please compare the values. those are not same with excel sheet.

the feilds are:-heading, orgnorthing,sleasting,slnorthing,eleasting,elnorthing,sceasting,scnorthing,eceasting,ecnorthing.

to check out those values you have to enter anorthing to ddepth values from excel sheet in grid and then press tick mark. compare the values .

and one more problem is updating. first time its not giving any problem but when you update second time its giving updation concurrency error. please check out this also.

i need solution as possible as early

thanking you

swapna

Hi Swapna,

Thanks for the project with details.

We will figure out your issue soon.

And by the way are you using MS AJAX extension in your web project.

Thank you.

Hi,

Since I haven't your database, I just made a test that loads your excel file into a webgrid and call the WebWorksheets.RunAllFormulas method. At my machine, the column "heading" and "orgnorthing" are all correct, their values are the same with in MS Excel. I noticed these two columns contain "ATAN2" functions in their formulas. We had fixed an ATAN2 bug in version 1.9.3. So if you still find errors with ATAN2 function, please check the dll's version.

There are many "#NAME?" errors in the other columns you have mentioned. Those cell contain "$" style cell references. For an example, the cell "AP3", its formula is "=+$AS3+1000*SIN((180-$AD3)/180*PI())". Currently, the GridWeb can't recognize $R$C cell reference style. We will support this style of cell reference in the future versions. So before that, you may try to modify these cell references to normal reference style.

Thank you.

hi,

sorry, iam not getting you. we used & code for iterating the loop , thats variable name i think. once check out clearly. in grid what i send you have seen no. there we are getting wrong values. i need solution for that. iam using your grid for excel formulas. if we get any doubt you have rectify. iam unable to find what is the problem there. the result is wrong, the formulas iam using in Excel and grid are same. what to do.

i send excel sheet and grid with values , then also you are telling that we are getting correct values. then what i have to do. my project is in final stage. my client found out the formula values are not correct. we have to rectify that. for that what i have to do?

so please tell me.

swapna

hi,

if database is problem then tell me for those what type of data i have to take in database. please give me the code for those formulas. that one page only important for me. otherwise they can cancel the project.

i need code for that page, please tell me.

thanking you

swapna

hi,

this is swapna. now iam sending project , excel sheet and database script. please go through this and check out what is the problem . this is main thing to me. if database is problome then tell me what to do, what type of data i have take. please go through this.

ROUND((Z" + x + "+AC" + x + "+AF" + x + "+AI" + x + ")/4,2)

i have write this for iterating the loop i have taken x here. we dont know how many rows we have in that . thats why we have taken in loop. please tell me the solution.

thanking you

swapna

Hi,

We will figure it out soon.

Hi,

I have found some problem in your code. Some references used in the grid's formula are not the same with in the excel file. For examples:

The "heading" column,

Formula in your code is :

//heading
sheet1.Cells["D" + x + ""].Formula = "=ROUND(MOD(ATAN2(AE" + x + "-AB" + x + ",AF" + x + "-AC" + x + ")*180/PI()+90,360),2)";

I checked the "AE" column, its caption is "c_easting", the "AB" column is "b_easting"
Formula in the excel file is:

=MOD(ATAN2(BD3-BA3,BC3-AZ3)*180/PI()+90,360)

the BD column is "c_northing", and the BA column is "b_northing".

I thing these references are wrong. Please check them.

I also find that the field names and their order in the database table are not the same with in the excel file. And since you are using "select * from TblSupport" sql statement, the fields order are depend on the physical order in the database, you'd better use a sql that specifies all the fields explicity.

And the attachment is the latest version of Aspose.Grid.Web 1.9.3.2.

hi,

just now only i found that. in previous version we have ATAN2 function problem. that time you told that change the function like original function is(A-B) then change the function to (B-A) thats we changed like that. bet in 1.9.3 you have fixed that problem. so now we have to modify that function to (A-B). now i did that.

but now alos we have some problem in that some values are same like in Excel but some values are different in some points. iam attaching new project and word document for values. an d Excel sheet. please go through this. and i have one more problem that is when we click on save button for updations its working fine for first time but second time its giving error,Updation concurrency. that is also one problem please go throgh this also.

please enter first row values from excel sheet in to the grid.

thanking you

swapna