Formulas in Excel spreadsheet do not calculate until "Enable Editing" is clicked

Hey,

I am using Aspose 20.6.0.

Formulas in my Excel spreadsheet do not calculate until “Enable Editing” is clicked.

Can you please help?

@pankajgrwl123,

These are kind of security alerts and protected mode. This is MS Excel’s setting (and nothing to do with Aspose.Cells APIs) which should be sometimes compulsory to protect you from unauthorized and potentially harmful scripts/data in the file, so you got to confirm (that you want to open it) when clicking “Enable Editing”. Anyways, you may disable relevant security options (so you should not get protected view when opening the file) accordingly, see the document for your reference.

Thanks, @Amjad_Sahi,

Is there any attribute that we can set like we have “EnableSheetCalculations” in syncfusion

What does this option do? How to enable it in MS Excel manually?

I think it internally calculates values for cells, But that is some different product of excel

@pankajgrwl123,

In Aspose.Cells, you may add a line to calculate formulas, you may add this line before saving the file or before obtaining the calculated value(s) against formulas.
workbook.CalculateFormula();

Please note, Worksheet class also has CalculateFormula method, which you may use it when you want to calculate formulas in a single sheet or want to calculate some specific formulas dyanmically.