Foward stream type confusion (Java)

Hi,

I want to use the foward function of the smtp client and I dont understand, why I have to provide an outputstream to put the mail in i’d like to forward. Because I get from my caller an inputstream because I want to read from it (Or maybe not but definitely not write to it). Because just Aspose lib just want to read from it to forward it as well so an Inputstream seems to me the obvious choice.

Couldn’t find any information on this. At the .net version its just a Stream so an inputstream would be fine.

Regards,

Sebastian

@HerrVoennchen

FileOutputStream is used to avoid MailMessage instance just to consume less resources of the system.
Moreover, let us check with the implementation details and then we will get back to you soon.

@HerrVoennchen

We have logged your query with issue ID “EMAILJAVA-34424” for further investigation and possible implementation of InputStream. You will automatically be informed here once we have any update on this.

Hi Muzammil,

thanks for the heads up.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

Hi,

any update on this? I can see the issue is resolved but I cannot look into it.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

@HerrVoennchen

The updated API shall be available in next release of Aspose.Email for Java.

wow, cool. thanks for the quick response and solution.

Since I’m a first timer of you library, how often do you release updates?

Best Regards,

Sebastian

@HerrVoennchen

The next release shall probably be available at the end of this month.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILJAVA-34424) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan