FreeTextCallout removes callout related attributes

Hello,
I’m having issue with FreeTextAnnotation, specifically FreeTextCallout.
At first I tried to used FreeTextAnnotation class’s object to make an annotation (see Callout.jpg) , but it was breaking the callout annotation with bad color scheme and most importantly - removing an arrow and making the callout box to take all annotations space (see exported_xfdf.jpg).
So, I switched to xfdf and tried to create XML manually for such annotation (see xfdf_import.jpg).

I’m importing said XML with ImportAnnotationFromXfdf(stream), but result is the same.
So I tried this: after importing XML with ImportAnnotationFromXfdf() I immediately export it into .xfdf file with ExportAnnotationsToXfdf() and all callout attributes were gone (see exported_xfdf.jpg).

Callout.JPG (5.4 KB)
exported_callout.jpg (2.3 KB)
exported_xfdf.jpg (81.2 KB)
xfdf_import.jpg (89.3 KB)

I believe same problem was already described in FreeTextAnnotation (FreeTextCallout) arrow does not created , but I don’t have access to it.

another small issue occurs when creating Textbox Annotation with e.g. red borders, white fill color and blue text, and it usually ends up displaying (on Adobe acrobat reader ) red borders and text with white background. Double clicking the annotations seems to fix the color scheme.

@Marius_B

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please share a narrowed down sample application along with source and generated files so that we may try to reproduce and investigate it in our environment. Before sharing requested data, please ensure using Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.10 in your environment.

About problem with TextBox annotation, kindly create separate topic while sharing all the details so that we may assist you accordingly.

I’ve attached sample app here. The pdf is inside debug folder. The result (xfdf file) should be created on desktop
Aspose.PDF: 18.10
Sample.zip (554.7 KB)

@Marius_B

Thank you for sharing requested data.

We have logged a ticket with ID PDFNET-45553 in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there any progress on this? We need the Callout annotation, but we cannot use it because of this

@Marius_B

Thank you for getting back to us.

The ticket is pending for investigations owing to previously logged tickets. It will be investigated on its due turn which may take some months. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.

However, we also offer Paid Support, where issues are used to be investigated with higher priority. Our customers, who have paid support subscription, report their issue there which are meant to be investigated urgently. In case your reported issue is a blocker, you may please consider subscribing for Paid Support. For further information, please visit Paid Support FAQs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-45553) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.6.

I tried to import XFDF using Apose.PDF 19.6 by creating XFDF from your given sample and some other callout (see attachments) but imported annotations were incorrect - the textbox of annotation was using all given space and arrow appeared in the middle of the box.

callout sample (18.5 KB)
result (6.9 KB)
Code.zip (1.2 KB)

@Marius_B

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have recorded your feedback under the same ticket and will let you know as soon as any further update will be available in this regard.

We have tried the solutions you have proposed, but sadly with no luck.
We had made more in depth investigation to find out what causes that problem, and we were able to figure it out during exporting annotation from PDF to XFDF some of tags gets lost in the process.
In “Callout_issue.zip” archive attached, you’ll find simple program in “ExportAnnotations” folder that tries to create same annotation as in picture “1. Adobe.png” (“Example files” folder), but result looks like in pic. “2. Aspose.png”.
“3. Adobe.xfdf” is the one that gets exported from PDF using Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader and we tried to use it as example in our sample application to build exact annotation with Aspose.PDF and then export it as XFDF - the result in is pic. “4. Aspose.xfdf”. As you can see some of annotations metadata is missing. Hope this helps to resolve this issue.
Callout_Issue.zip (1.5 MB)

@Marius_B

Thank you for elaborating further.

We have reopened the ticket while recording your findings. We will inform you as soon as any further update will be available.