From which version of Aspose.slides for java, IChart.ValidateChartLayout method is available?

Could someone help me in getting the latest version of Aspose.slides jar for java in which IChart.ValidateChartLayout method would be available? I am currently using aspose.slides 16.11.0 version which does not include validateChartLayout method.

Thanks in advance

regards,
Venkat.

@sagar465,

I have observed your comments. Can you please visit this link to download latest version of Aspose.Slides for Java 18.6. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

Thanks for the link.I am able to download the jar of latest version, in which ValidateChartLayout method is available. But i am getting below exception while executing validateChartLayout method.

com.aspose.slides.exceptions.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.] with root cause
com.aspose.slides.exceptions.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at com.aspose.slides.ms.System.import.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.ms.System.ad.if(Unknown Source)…

Are there any restrictions on when this method needs to be called?

@sagar465,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source files along with sample code so that we may further investigate to help you out.

PFB the sample code. In the attached presentation Screenshot, validateChartLayout is working fine for first Bar chart. but it is failing for the other two charts at the bottom of the slide.

Code

String path = filePath + “PPTs/SamplePres.pptx”;
Presentation ppt = new Presentation(path);
((IChart)ppt.getSlides().get_Item(0).getShapes().get_Item(0)).validateChartLayout(); // Failing
((IChart)ppt.getSlides().get_Item(0).getShapes().get_Item(1)).validateChartLayout(); // Failing
((IChart)ppt.getSlides().get_Item(0).getShapes().get_Item(2)).validateChartLayout(); // Success

I am not able to attach PPT file.So attached screenshot of the charts on the slide.

PPT.PNG (2.3 KB)

@Adnan.Ahmad

I have zipped the presentation and attached. Please check that also.

samplePres.zip (47.6 KB)

@sagar465,

I have observed your comments and worked with the data shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-37270 has been logged in our issue management system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Good to hear that your are able to replicate the issue. Thanks for the ticket :slight_smile:

@sagar465,

You are very welcome. We will share good news with you soon.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

Hi, Any update on SLIDESJAVA-37270 ticket?

@sagar465,

The issue has just recently been created in our issue tracking system and is pending for investigations in issues queue. We shall be scheduling the issue for investigation and resolution on its due turn and will share the good news with you as soon as possible. We request for your patience till the time the issue gets resolved.

Hi Team,

Any update on this issue? We also have a license for this product. So could you please let me know if there is any other way to get it resolved for licensed people?

Thanks,
Venkat.

@sagar465,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is unresolved and is blocked owing to internal issue. We request for your patience till the time the isssue gets resolved.

Hi Team,

Any updates on above issue? Above issue is the only one which is stopping us from delivering the code to the client. We are having kind of push from higher authority to get it resolved ASAP , as we have also got the license for the aspose.slides. Could you please give us some ETA for the resolution?

Thanks,
Venkat.

@sagar465,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and like to share that the concerned internally blocking issue has been marked as resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.9. It shall be fixed now in respective Aspose.Slides for Java 18.9 or next subsequent version. We really appreciate your patience in this regard and will share good news with you as soon as it will be fixed.

Hi Fayyaz,

Currently we are using aspose.slides 18.6 version and we have license for that version. If the fix for above issue is given in 18.9 or further releases, will the same license what we have will work for those releases as well or we need to get a new license for the new versions? Also, is it possible to provide the fix for above issue in 18.6 version of aspose.slides?

Thanks,
Venkat.

@sagar465,

It depends on your license file. If your license has expiry date before release date of Aspose.Slides then in that case you need to renew subscription. However, if the release is done before your license expiry date then you may use the same license. Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide fix based on 18.6 version as release is always made based on latest available version.

Hi Team,

Any update on above issue’s fix for java?

thanks,
Venkat Sagar.

@sagar465,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the concerned issue is likely to get tentatively resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 18.9. We request for your patience till the time the specified release is shared online.

Hi Team,

Any update on release of Aspose.Slides 18.9 for Java? We have a client committment to deliver one of our products which uses aspose. Could you please let us know when can we expect this release?

Thanks,
venkat Sagar.