Gantt chart support?

Hello,

I currently am looking for a way populate a Gantt chart with a multi-row dataset through C# and then save the result to file. Is this supported with Aspose.Diagram?

It seems like I should be able to:

1.Load the diagram

2. Set the DataRecordSet

3. Refresh the dataset

4. Save the result to file

If that's possible, i'm not sure how to set the DataColumns correctly in the DataRecordSet. Are there any examples out there?

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your interest in our Aspose.Diagram product.

I’m afraid. There is no direct way to add record sets and link data to shapes. Aspose.Diagram can only refresh data in record sets and props of linked shapes in diagram created by UI of Microsoft Visio. So, you can load the diagram, refresh the record set and then save the resultant file. I’ve attached a sample demo project for your reference. You can also go through helping links below:

Second , I have logged this feature request to add record sets and import data to the shapes in the diagram. The task has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAM-33320. We will soon investigate the cause. Also, you will be notified once the fix for your problem is available for public use. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

In addition, there are some evaluation limitations. You can avoid evaluation limitations by getting a temporary license for 30 days and try the latest version on your end. Please visit download page here:

You can learn all about how Aspose products are licensed by checking out the Licenses FAQ here: Policies - Purchase - aspose.com

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.

There is a mention here of an example, but I cannot find it - is it still available? I would like to try refreshing the data if possible.

Hi:

Actually, it would be very good to know if this is possible or not, this may save many hours of development for us. Can you let me know if it is possible to change and refresh the data used by the Gantt chart from Visio?

@raviaw

Thanks for contacting support. We are gathering information related your requirements and will share with you in a while. Please spare us little time.

@raviaw

Thanks for your patience.

We have further checked your inquiry with perspective of Aspose.Diagram and regret to share the currently creating or manipulating Gantt Charts feature is not available. A feature request as DIAGRAMNET-51567 is already logged in our system for the sake of implementation. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding feature availability, we will inform you. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.