We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Garbage after saving Table to either Word or PDF

Hi,


this is related to Aspose.Words 9.4.0.0

We have a rather “complex” Word document that gets populated and that we then save to PDF. However we have noticed that in some cases, a table that breaks over two pages has characters / words lost on the output or simply looks odd.

We have been able to produce a small test case application. Both, the resulting doc and pdf show bad table output.

Please advise as to what this might be related to as this is crucial for a reporting to go live rather soon.

PS: Before you can run the sample, you need to copy a file called “Aspose.Total.lic” to the source directory. That gets included as an embedded resource.

Thanks

Kai

Hello<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. I have tried using the latest version of Aspose.Words (9.7.0) and as I can see the output DOC looks exactly the same as using MS Word. But the output PDF looks different. I managed to reproduce this problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards,

Andrey,


thanks for the feedback. As with all customer requests, this is rather urgent :slight_smile: Can you give me a tentative timeline for this?

Thanks

Kai

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your request. But unfortunately, at the moment it is very difficult to promise you something regarding this issue. Our developers have to analyze the issue. Once they complete analysis we will be able to provide you more information.

We will keep you informed regarding status of this issue and immediately let you know once it is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi, do you have an update for me on this…


The closer we get to June the more urgent it gets…

Kai

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. We will keep you informed regarding status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi Alexey,


this is getting really urgent now. Any fix or workaround would be highly appreciated. We need to get this out of the door and are highly dependant on Aspose.Words. It’s a little frustrating to see no progress on this one.

Thanks

Kai

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your request. The issue is still unresolved, but I would like to ask what should be the correct output? I do not believe that MS Word show this table properly, because part of content is just invisible. I think PDF produced by Aspose.Words looks better because content is not hidden at least. Please take a look at the attached documents and let me know what output is correct.

Best regards,

Alexey,

this is partially correct. If you look at the source code, the text we are expecting to see in that column is a little longer. You are right that Word seems to be having difficulties displaying the text on the table cell, but the created / converted Word/PDF cuts off parts of the text.

The text actually visible in the table cell should be

This is an example text. As long as this isn't big enough to force the merged cell to use the next page, you'll see everything.

However - this test text actually is too long - you will not see the last few lines in the resulting document ...

Note: Even if you see the text in normal Word view (doing a refresh by deleting some empty lines) - open Print preview to see the merged cell still swallows text.

Same thing applies to PDF print outs. (PDF swallows SOME lines - not the complete "Next page" part.)

Hi Kai,

Thank you for additional information. Ok, if I understand you correctly, you would like that whole text should be visible, i.e. we should not mimic MS Word upon rendering document in this particular case. Please confirm.

Best regards,

Alexey,

yes, this is correct. We think that Word has a simple display problem with the table, but would expect that using Aspose.Words to create the PDF would show the complete text, indeed

Kai

Hi Kai,

Thank you for confirmation. I added this information to the issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.

Best regards,

Alexey,


this is getting more and more urgent for us. Deadline still is 2011-06-30 for the product to be delivered. Please advise. We need enough lead time for a decision to be made around alternatives

Thanks

Kai

Hello Kai,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4616) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.