GC.Collect() in Aspose.Pdf.Kit

We have noticed that Aspose.Pdf.Kit calls GC.Collect() in several places. The most important calls for us are in PdfConverter and PdfFileEditor. We use Aspose.Pdf.Kit in a server application and GC.Collect has a negative impact on performance due to GC.Collect() stopping execution to walk the garbage collection stack.

In Aspose.Pdf.Kit version 5.1.0.0 we are seeing 30 calls to GC.Collect(). Could these calls be removed? The Gen 2 collections happen every 100 seconds, more frequently if the collection experiences a high amount of volatility. This should be frequent enough for most .Net applications.

This is the same issue reported in <a href=" for Aspose.Pdf.

Hi Andrew,

I have logged this request as PDFKITNET-23038 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. Our team will look into this in detail and you’ll be notified via this forum thread once the process is improved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hello Aspose - Any news on the PDF.Kit library making garbage collection calls? Have their been any changes made for version 5.5?

Hi Robert,

I’m sorry to inform you that this issue is not yet resolved. We’ll update you via this forum thread as soon as it is resolved in future.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hello Aspose - Any news on the PDF.Kit for .NET library making garbage collection calls?

Have their been any changes made for version 6.0.0?

Hi Robert,

I’m sorry to share with you that this issue is still not resolved. Our team is working on this issue, however it is going to take a while, as we’ll have to take care of a variety of scenarios.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Thank you for replying to my post and the update; I am glad to read your team is working on the issue.

I am using the library in a server and, as I'm sure you're team is already aware, calling GC.Collect() is a very expensive due to the process being stopped while .NET reorganizes memory.

Thank you for all your efforts in constantly improving Aspose's PDF.Kit.NET.

Robert

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan