General license key exception: Error retrieving product key

I’m transfering my asp.net webapplication from a windows 2003 server to a windows 2008 R2 64 bits system. Everinthing works fine but Aspose Words.net cannot retrieve a license key.

Can you help me out?

I’m not using the latest version because the following method isn’t supported:

doc.Save(Response, FileName & ".doc", ContentDisposition.Attachment, Nothing)

The new save command only supports system.io.stream.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Could you please give us further details about your licensing problem? What do you mean it can’t find the key, is there any exception thrown?

Regarding the save overload. Most likely you are using Aspose.Words .NET 3.5 Client Profile that is why this overload of Save method is not available.

The NET 3.5 Client Profile excludes System.Web and therefore HttpResponse is not available. This is entirely by design. If you need to use Aspose.Words in ASP.NET application, I would recommend you use .NET 2.0 DLL and the following overload of Save method:

https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/document/save/

Thanks,

I get the following error. I tried placing the license in System32 and in a specified folder with correct security. Cn’t seem to find the license.
ERROR:General license key exception: Error retrieving product key: General license key exception: Product key not installed
Can I use the 2.0 version in a asp.net 4.0. I’m probably going to upgrade my app to 4.0.
Martin

I found the error in another piece of coding and the error was produced as it was coming from your product, I’m sorry and tnx for your reply. You can delete this thread.

Can you still answer my second question?

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sure, you can use the .NET 2.0 DLL of Aspose.Words in an application targeting the .NET 4.0 Framework.

Thanks,